What is the true purpose of the "side account"?

Scheming Angel

Spritzie, there really isn't much to say about side accounts. Nobody likes them, nobody wants to just stare at their pet and not be able to play games. Done.

Nicely summarized. And who in their right frame of mind will bother selling jelly anyway?

I feel as though we should be allowed to have more neopets on our main account, possibly. 20 might be a bit much, and might mean more pets UFA that need homes as soon as possible (which would be a goodish thing for adoption agencies). Possibly more Guilds.. But I really don't think so. You should be able to be a MEMBER of more than one guild, but it'd take too much time to manage more than one guild. Maybe a limit of three guilds, which is manageable.

You aren't allowed to do your dailies and earn a profit on your sides, because that would mean not only your daily NP income coming from one main account, but from four. That would make the inflation SKYROCKET and the economy would not be good. You can do anything on your side account that does not dramatically effect gameplay. This includes:

Soup Kitchen

AAA restocking (transfer NP onto your side, then thats OK)

Extra pet storage

Extra Galleries (which I also think wouldn't hurt, maybe up to four galleries)

But people should NOT be allowed to make extra NP on their sides. That'd just mean too much motivation to cheat and make side accounts just to be able to earn 200k a day or more, and go over that 5 account limit.

20 pets is too much to ask for. Even just 5 is enough, and it won't really kill TNT to do this.

I sent my ticket in over a month ago regarding that. They didn't even take a look at it, let alone answer it.

I would love this idea, but then again, someone can easily say it's not a secondary account, and then be free to break the rules. Maybe they'll get caught, maybe they won't.

true but then the ppl who wants to use it only as the rules instructs wont have to "fear the system" would make some sort of mistake or the person himself would just make a mistake..

it wont prevent cheaters from cheating but it would prevent errors from good users and would bring peace of mind w/o fearing getting frozen

• 4 weeks later...

20 pets is too much to ask for. Even just 5 is enough, and it won't really kill TNT to do this.

I sent my ticket in over a month ago regarding that. They didn't even take a look at it, let alone answer it.

They probably get a ticket about this every single day. I sent in a full blown essay 5 years back when I was active. Which is probably more proof that they won't ever change the policy. Then again, they did create the transfer system for the pound, which I never, ever thought would happen (much less the pet trading! That whole idea kind of sickens me...). Maybe we'll get luck at some point.

Also, regarding the technical issues with 5 pets, Adam (borovan) has 5 pets on his account, and it doesn't seem to be breaking anything. And if they follow any sort of programming practices the number won't be literally hard-coded - that's what we call a magic number (yuck). It should be a constant somewhere that wouldn't take too much effort to change.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.