MJ's new song

:)Doc

Has anyone else heard one of Akon's new songs? If not refer to here really quick

So, you realize who that is right? Yeah, it's Michael Jackson!

Here's the debate part of this... I personally think there is something wrong about making a song with MJ in it after his death- there's something a little sick there. He was a great singer, but... come on. <_<

Discuss.

From what I've heard Akon says that he was given it/took it from what MJ was planning to release.

The MJ fam denies that and says that Akon is making everything up.

So... feel free to debate that too :P

well, let me get this off my chest, I really think Akon is AWFUL as a musician

Bahahaha :D

And using Michael Jackson on a song after his death? I don't think it's "sick." These modern R&B (aka "hip hop") guys use dead people's vocals and music in their songs all the time. This is because they don't know how to sing or make their own music. :)

From what I heard in an interview, the song just released, was done with MJ before he died and was actually completed before he died. That's why it was released.

Akon also said there was other songs they'd worked on together, that were unfinished, which he won't allow to be released, because he feels MJ would be horrified to have songs released that he hadn't finished.

I don't see anything weird with it. They had to do something with Batman, The Dark Knight, as Heath Ledger died before it was finished filming. No one expected them to toss it because Heath wasn't there to complete the filming. I think of it as a last legacy I guess.

I'm not a big fan of the whole posthumous release thing in general, although I can see why they do it. (and since Heath Ledger was mentioned, I thought it was genius how they handled his death with The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus).

Of course, the cynic in me says "they're just releasing it for the money", but Michael Jackson did mean a lot to a lot of people.

What troubles me a little about it is the fact that the Jackson family seem quite against it. A LOT of people are going to buy the album it's on, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it goes on to be one of the all-time bestselling albums, with all the fans clamouring for a last piece of him. There's going to be a whole lot of money coming in from it, and if the family want nothing to do wit the record, then where's the money from it going to go? Not that the Jacksons are hurting for cash as far as I can gather, but if it's all just going to be going to like, Sony Music Group? That's quite a bit of greed.

^ *points up* I agree. It's obviously not going to the jackson family so really akon and the producers are getting the big bucks for this. I don't think they should be using MJ to make a profit and to help bring back some fame....

Besides. Personally, I don't find the song that great and (again personally) Akon's a dying artist. I haven't heard anything good from him in years really. o.0

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this is legit and Akon did really work with MJ on this one and the jacksons are just being pissy. Either way my main question is: WHY AKON?!?! Their remix of Wanna Be Starting Something was awful and there's like 50 million artists out there that would have been a better choice to do a co-op with.

Anyone recall all the posthumous Tupac albums that were released? It's nothing new, although it can be irritating.

If I ever get famous (with my zero ounces of talent) I really hope that when I die people will let me be. Especially if they start dredging up potentially embarrassing old work.

As a society, we have a hard time letting things end. Movies get constant sequels or reboots, we're always searching for a "long lost album" from our favorite dead or disbanded musicians and we watch reruns until the end of time. Some things should just end.

I'd say this is fine. Not sure what the Jackson family has against it, but if they were working on before he died, I think his fans deserve to hear it. The whole deal with the media going on and ON about him, and the albums and such that he wasn't directly a part of the creation of when he was alive, those are just exploiting his life and his death, and should not have been released.

And using Michael Jackson on a song after his death? I don't think it's "sick." These modern R&B (aka "hip hop") guys use dead people's vocals and music in their songs all the time. This is because they don't know how to sing or make their own music. :)

Very good point :yes:

From what I heard in an interview, the song just released, was done with MJ before he died and was actually completed before he died. That's why it was released.

I don't see anything weird with it. They had to do something with Batman, The Dark Knight, as Heath Ledger died before it was finished filming. No one expected them to toss it because Heath wasn't there to complete the filming. I think of it as a last legacy I guess.

I had forgotten that <_< I don't know. I just find it weird! :P

Of course, the cynic in me says "they're just releasing it for the money", but Michael Jackson did mean a lot to a lot of people.

What troubles me a little about it is the fact that the Jackson family seem quite against it. A LOT of people are going to buy the album it's on, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it goes on to be one of the all-time bestselling albums, with all the fans clamouring for a last piece of him. There's going to be a whole lot of money coming in from it, and if the family want nothing to do wit the record, then where's the money from it going to go? Not that the Jacksons are hurting for cash as far as I can gather, but if it's all just going to be going to like, Sony Music Group? That's quite a bit of greed.

Exactly what I am thinking! :O

MJ probably isn't even dead. He probably just got tired of all the bad press. He was a little wacky that way. Someone with that much power could get away with anything.

That seriously made me LOL :)

Some things should just end.

Amen. 0:)