I Feel So Unwell

Big Brother

Okay, so about yesterday evening, I had a bad cough but nothing was wrong really. Then I started shaking for some reason when I was going to bed. Finally, when I slept, I didn't dream at all, I sort of made a dream in my head. But everything was far away and it just didn't work. I opened my eyes and breathed in and out, but my breathing just sounded high and fast though it never did, I was coughing all night aswell. Now the day before that day when I was in bed, the same thing happened, and I went to the toilet and went back to sleep, and everything was fine. So I tried that yesterday night but nothing changed, now this comes to today, I figured I just couldn't get to sleep properly so I went downstairs.

I was feeling so tired but I couldn't care less, I sat down on the sofa but my breathing was still the same. My dad then walked in and cleaned the table, but his arm was moving so fast, which wasn't normal. As of this, I move my arm when he walked out the room, and it was faster than I was making it go, I knew something was wrong. I walked up to the TV and turned it on, noticing that I was walking faster than I was trying to. I sat back down and saw that the progammes were going a bit fast too. Then I waited a few minutes and breathed in and out again, it was back to normal again.

After that my dad gave me some cereal. I had a few spoonfuls and realised that it didn't taste good, though it usually did, and the end by date, or whatever it's called, wasn't due till a long time. I told my dad that it didn't taste good, so he got me some toast. I took a bite out of it, but it didn't taste good either. I was also coughing aswell, and it was really bad too, it almost hurt to try and clear my throat with coughs. I had a chocolate form my Advent calendar, and that was the only thing that tasted good. Up to now, my family has just had dinner, but I didn't. The weird thing is, I'm not even hungry, my stomache isn't rumbling, though it usually does when I go through long periods of time without food.

Someone help me. I don't even know what's happening to me.

The shaking, rapid breathing, coughing, poor sleep, lack of hunger or taste all sounds fairly symptomatic of a virus. I'm concerned, however, about the perceived speed-ups, as that indicates something going on in your brain. If you haven't been sleeping well, it could be a hallucination (or better stated, alteration of reality) as a result of a fatigued brain. Or, and I find this more likely, given the shakes and lack of hunger, the effects of a bad fever. Have you checked your temperature lately? Do so.

I'm not a licensed physician, of course, so I recommend you go to a real doctor and get checked out. Something is clearly going on, and it's best to get it taken care of sooner rather than later.

I'm honestly just as confused.

Your best option is to go to the doctors. You may have some sort of virus. I would guess the flu, but I'm no doctor.

That doesn't sound good at all. If it continues, definitely go to the doctor. I do hope it's nothing serious, and that you feel better soon.

Well I'm not going to school tommorrow so I might be able to get to a doctors by then.

Especially the fast vision thing is messing me up here, but from the way I hear it you have a pretty bad flu. Did anyone check your temperature yet?

Well my mum and dad have been checking but they haven't told me about it though.

The shaking, rapid breathing, coughing, poor sleep, lack of hunger or taste all sounds fairly symptomatic of a virus. I'm concerned, however, about the perceived speed-ups, as that indicates something going on in your brain. If you haven't been sleeping well, it could be a hallucination (or better stated, alteration of reality) as a result of a fatigued brain. Or, and I find this more likely, given the shakes and lack of hunger, the effects of a bad fever. Have you checked your temperature lately? Do so.

I'm not a licensed physician, of course, so I recommend you go to a real doctor and get checked out. Something is clearly going on, and it's best to get it taken care of sooner rather than later.

Luckily there's a doctors place I always go to when there's something wrong with me. Hopefully this may only be a short lived thing and it'll clear up in a few days. I can't be sure though.

Hallucinations would be something serious. No, I'm pretty sure you're not hallucinating, because then you'd be seeing something that isn't there.

It seems like to me you just have a cough and loss of appetite. The lack of sleep could be caused by the cough, and the rest could be caused by the lack of sleep.

As of right now, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Try spending a day in bed resting at least before going to the doctor.

I had something quite similar to this in November. After about a week I went to my doctor and found out it was a virus. It lasted for another week after that. I'd suggest seeing your doctor and making sure you get lots of rest and vitamins. Hope you feel better!