The Magical Maze of Doom

Rose_682

((This is fascinating. It's like a rather elaborate roleplay that is entirely dependent on the, well, boardkeeper, as it were. I would join, but on the chance that you're actually making this up off the top of your head, I do not wish to make your work any more difficult. I'll stay out and simply watch in fascination.))

Livvy: Before I reply to my players, the more the merrier. Ideally, I would like 9 people in total. But if I don't get that, there is still PLENTY I can do. :) Feel free to join :)

Note to all players:

From this point on, I have decided to use "Units" only when presenting challenges, or informing you where things are from you. They're too much of a headache to keep using for no particular reason. The formula is sound, but as little math as possible makes Crystal a very happy Game Master :P

Kandice:

You find yourself suddenly embraced by cold, crisp air. You have emerged from your travels onto a mountain top. You can go any direction to exit the mountain. After all, you are on the top of it.... (So left, right, back or forward) When you leave the mountain, you WILL go down two levels. Nothing can be done about it.

It is morning, and the sun is just coming up. The sky is clear, with few clouds. The air at this altitude is a little thin, so you might want to make a note of your breathing every so often.

The obstacles you have to face are the cold, possible avalanche (unlikely, but I have to warn you anyway), steep cliffs, and sudden drop-offs.

Without the right equipment, you might find the mountain impassable.

Sakurabelle:

You exit the house to return to the meadow from which you came (the house is an immovable object. You're back where you started). However, the exits have changed. You can only exit to your left.

The weather is cloudy, with a slight drizzle, meaning the pollen in the air is significantly reduced. It is mid morning.

The obstacles you face are pollen, a small amount of rain, and perhaps annoyance at getting wet. :P

d.Lia:

You chose door #3. The gnome opens the door, shoves you through it, and slams it shut again. When you look down at your feet, you notice that there is a small piece of paper there. You pick it up, and realize it is a map. Your next three turns will provide you with information on which is the best route for you to take.

When you look around you, you see a burnt out landscape. You have stumbled upon a land ravaged by dragons. There is a tattered village not too far from you (about 3 units). You need to make it to the village, or to the nearest exit before nightfall. It is currently early morning, so you can move a total of 4 units today. There are no clouds in the sky, but the sun is red, and very hot. The exits are to your right, and to your left. They are each equidistant from you at 7 units.

The obstacles you face are time (you have to get to a safe place before nightfall. No, a cave is not considered safe... Dragons live in caves), dehydration, heat stroke, and possibly dragons.

Good luck.

JB:

The dripping noise gets louder as you move further and further to the left. With your flashlight you are able to see the world around you. The cave's walls are smooth, as though chiseled, and the ceilings are vastly high, and cathedral like. Both walls and ceilings seem to be growing crystals, which catch the glint of your flashlight and send cascades of tiny glittering lights across the expanse of the tunnel. You enter a largeish room, with a calm, dark, still pool of water covering the majority of the room. You can go left, or right, around the pool, and either direction will take you to a new set of options. :P

There is no weather in the cave, but it's quite damp in this room. There is no way to tell time in the cave, so you automatically rest for the appropriate time every time you complete a movement :P

Obstacles you face are uneven ground, and maybe the occasional bat.

((I almost think you could move this to the Roleplay section. It is, after all, quite similar to a roleplay in that it involves being given a situation and making in-character decisions to deal with it. Oh, and um, I'll join.))

I don't entirely recall the given beginning, but if possible, I choose to move backwards. Via moonwalk. b)

Ok, ladies and gents. I'm sorry, but I do not have the energy to reply to all of you tonight. I did not sleep for more than an hour and a half last night, and JUST got home from a long day out. I promise I'll post first thing when I wake up. Just wanted to update you so that you were not in limbo. <crash>

Ok, ladies and gents. I'm sorry, but I do not have the energy to reply to all of you tonight. I did not sleep for more than an hour and a half last night, and JUST got home from a long day out. I promise I'll post first thing when I wake up. Just wanted to update you so that you were not in limbo. <crash>

Edit:

Ok, so I finally found the map (I put it in a book, go figure. -_-) And I got some sleep, and I'm more than ready to roll the dice and see what comes up :P Then write something appropriate. >.>

I know I am not supposed to double post, and I am sorry, but I had to to let my players know the game was ready >.<

JB:

You pick your way to the other side of the cavern, following the left path around the lake. You see two possible exits. You find a tunnel, which, though somewhat short, causing you to stoop, has a view of bright sunshine and green grass not that far off. The weather looks nice out there, even inviting. A young boy is standing not far from you in the corridor. He looks at you eagerly. "Did you find the treasure, mister?" he asks with shining eyes.

You can choose to exit the cave, or you can return the way you came to the room with the lake.

d.Lia

You make it to the town, with a nasty sunburn, and a somewhat dehydrated, but relatively ok. The villagers give you more water, and show you to the inn. You show the innkeeper your map and ask him if he knows anything about it. He looks at the map, then looks at you. "Well, this little dot here is our town, and this funny lookin' thing right here is... well, no one really knows what that is. No one's ever been there." You notice he's pointing to your right. "I'm sorry missy, but I can't tell you anything more. I've never been past here." He says, as he draws a kind of circle around the town with his finger.

"We'll put you up for the night, and don't you worry about paying. After all, we are in a dangerous spot of land, here."

You get a good night's sleep, and are refreshed, and ready to go the next morning. You can go diagonally to the place on the map that the innkeeper pointed out, or you can head left or right.

The sun is just as hot today as it was yesterday, and your obstacles remain the same. Minus time. Today is the longest day of the year, the innkeeper says, and there will be two suns today. Perhaps the dragons won't come out at all.

Livvy:

(first off, welcome :P)

You moonwalk through the exit behind you. You emerge on the moon.

Just kidding. In all seriousness, you arrive in a very small room with no doors. There is nothing you can do this turn. Perhaps the maze (and the dice) will be kinder next turn.

(your next move will be played after JB moves again.. Sorry >.<)

Sakurabelle:

You make it to the exit with not a single issue. You aren't even tired when you get there. In fact, you feel so energized by your quick walk, that you feel compelled to carry on. You may move again, in ANY direction, including diagonally. For the purposes of this exercise, please use the compass rose as direction (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW).

Woot, free turn, lmao.

I thank the innkeeper for his help and hospitality, then proceed to the "funny lookin' thing" the innkeeper pointed out. :D

((I'll be at camp from today till Thursday morning, so I may not post during the 4 days at all... Unless I sneak in some time at night to check on TDN. :P))

As I moonwalk, I run into a wall, and then realize the room I'm in has no doors. How unfortunate. I walk to the center of the room and sit down on the floor, pondering how I managed to enter a room sans entrances (or exits.)

Ok, so, my sincerest apologies, but it looks like this game will have to be put on hold until the weekend. Life has very suddenly decided to catch up to me, and this week is busier than any of my normal weeks. I apologize, but I'll be unable to play until Friday night.

As for Livvy's predicament, the die rolled a one. And I have already explained that the maze changes after each move. So she technically ran from the corridor, into a room with no exits, and, since her turn was then over, the maze changed, and the exit behind her vanished as well.

It's the same as when I send you into a room, and the exit you came in by is gone. It's just that, no one had rolled a one yet. >.> If you really want me to, I can put the numbers you got in your posts somewhere. I'm using an online D&D roller for the dice rolls.

d.Lia:

You rolled a 1 for your main roll. (ouch)

A storm sets in, and traps you in the town. There's no telling when it will let up. You can talk to the innkeeper, or any of the patrons, but the storm will not let up for at least two turns (unless by chance you roll a 6 next turn :P). You may ask the innkeeper, or the patrons, anything you like, but you're stuck in town for two turns.

Sakurabelle:

You rolled a 3 for your main roll. (not shabby)

You make it to the next room, but there's not much to be seen. It's a vast plain, that seems to go on forever. There is one exit. To your right. You cannot see anything in the room worth looking at, but nothing particularly scary, either.

The weather is sunny, no clouds to be seen. Your obstacles are the vast amount of space, and the lack of time (which could cause you to travel for too long and cause fatigue).

JB:

You rolled a 6 for your main roll.

You exit the cave, the child leading you, and come into a pleasant valley, brimming with sunshine and happiness. There is a little village to your left. There are exits to your left, right, and in front of you. The maze closes the cave behind you, and when you turn around there is a treasure chest. If you can get the key from a villager, you can open it.

You have three free turns to talk to villagers. By this I mean, you say one direction each turn, and I let you talk to two villagers per turn, and you move in all the directions you stated, in the order you stated them once you are done talking to villagers.

The villagers you have to talk to are:

Old Man.

Old Lady.

Little boy 1.

Little boy 2.

Town Elder 1.

Town Elder 2.

Town Elder 3.

Town Drunk.

Mayor.

Young Man 1.

Young Man 2.

Young Woman 1.

Young Woman 2.

Young couple.

General Store Owner.

Grocery Owner.

Farmer 1.

Farmer 2.

Livestock Farmer.

Chicken Farmer.

Bartender.

Waitress.

You have no obstacles.

Livvy:

You roll a 6 for your main roll (nice, esp considering you got a one last time!)

You have all directions of the compass rose open to you. You get to move two spaces in any direction, or one space in two directions.

Please use the directions N, NW, W, SW, S, SE, E, NE to state your directions.

You have no obstacles.

Sorry it took me so long to get around to this ladies and gents. Posting will be much more regular this week.