Transmogrification someone else's pet

mxpxrocks222

I don't think there should be a problem with that. You can transfer pets between accounts, and who's to say that the other person didn't really want to spend all that money on a jelly? I'm sure there is someone who knows the rules better than I, but from my basic understanding of things it sounds ok.

I do not believe that is against the rules, so go ahead and ask around if anyone is interested in that. If not, you could always adopt a non-painted pet and then re-pound it. That way it could still find a good home :)

I don't know but it sounds risky...I personally wouldn't go halfsies on an expensive potion and transmog a pet that is not mine. Who's to say they won't keep their pet after it's done, and then you're out all that np? It may not be explicitly against the rules but it sounds similar to all of the other things that *are* against the rules, you know what I'm saying?

But if you must do it, I would go into it with someone with whom you have excellent mutual trust.

I do not believe that is against the rules, so go ahead and ask around if anyone is interested in that. If not, you could always adopt a non-painted pet and then re-pound it. That way it could still find a good home :)

Instead of pounding it, you could just let someone adopt him/her who has mutant dreamies...like me, for instance...:P

I think you should submit a question to TNT to be sure. Because there's several ways this could go.

I think TNT has said not to pool NP for items. And as for someone transferring you their pet, it might not be allowed in that way. I know you can turn someone's pet Magma, if they can't, but I don't know if that's considered a different circumstance.

But the safest bet is to get the question to TNT, or search the Editorials until you find an answer to your question.

I believe sharing items on Neopets is against the rules ... there's always so much drama about it ...

imagine losing the potion in a random event or the other person suddenly changing their mind about their pet or or or ... there can be a 100 different scenarios on how this can go wrong ...

my advice is adopt a pet from the pound , morph it with the cheapest potion available (some trans potions ARE buyable) then put it back in the pound and it'll be re-adopted by someone who like mutant pets ..

It wouldn't really be sharing an item, would it? If you buy a potion, then tell the person that it cost X amount. You have a useless item in your shop for sale for half that amount. They buy it. They transfer their pet to you. You use the potion on the pet and transfer it back. None of those steps seem illegal in my opinion and you both get what you want. I think it's a great idea!