The Faeries' Ruin: Chapter 13

Viridian

I'm beginning to think that TNT put Sloth in there so they could have a good laugh at our expense...

Finally! Something interesting happened in this plot.

If only you had the option to team with Xandra. I would love to crush the planet. :evil:

Why? Because I hate Farieland, and it's about time that we get something other than the typical happy ending. We need better storytelling, and an ending like the destruction of Farieland would definately increase the novelty of the story.

Finally! Something interesting happened in this plot.

If only you had the option to team with Xandra. I would love to crush the planet. :evil:

Why? Because I hate Farieland, and it's about time that we get something other than the typical happy ending. We need better storytelling, and an ending like the destruction of Farieland would definately increase the novelty of the story.

As a writer I'd have to disagree with you. If all that is being emphasized is the novelty of the story then it really isn't the story itself, just the novelty of an event happening, and one event does not a story make.

Granted, Neopets' staff aren't paid to write novels for the site, but all in all if they do make a gimmicky story like many people suggest, then it'll show that their writing hasn't changed at all.

Well, I personally think TNT could benefit from hiring a few NT writers to help out with their plot storylines. :yes:

As a writer I'd have to disagree with you. If all that is being emphasized is the novelty of the story then it really isn't the story itself, just the novelty of an event happening, and one event does not a story make.

It would increase the novelty of the story, but there needs to be more for it to become better overall.

I myself am a small-time writer, and a majority of my endings are dark or depressing, for the sake of adding realism, or to show that not everybody gets a happy ending. Granted, TNT created the world, and they can do what they want with it. But it wouldn't kill for them to be a bit more creative, because the endings I see them make tend to be endings that I've seen several other times before.

And yes, TNT needs better writers. It could be from the NT, it could be from their neighbors, it could be from people whom responded to a newspaper ad, I don't care. But they need much better writers.

Personally, I don't think she was a villain this whole time. If she was, TNT picked the totally wrong time to announce it. No, I think the spell went bad somewhere.

I thought for a good amount of time, that she might be involved, but I figured she had a small part. I didn't think she was the type of... Neopet... to do something like this on her own. (Which still remains to be seen.) But man does she look evil and plotting in this chapter.