The New Korean Conflict

Cornflakes

Well it's actually pretty obvious that it's an opinion. And many people share that same opinion.

Then again, it's also your opinion that we should act the way we acted with NK. There is no proven fact here. So for you it is also a "basic assumption" if you would call it that.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I was saying was that the goal was to keep an eye on NK, and if they stepped out of bounds, to stop them. That's the U.S. agenda with NK. We're just doing what we planned.

Thing is, you're saying that we made things worse, and along with that cause other countries to hate us more, which doesn't have as solid as a base.

It doesn't have a solid base, but there are areas where you can find that kinda thing.

IMO, we're the nossy jerks of the world, and we refuse to leave people alone unless they work the way we want them to. If they are causing actual trouble, then get involved. But if they are trying to grab attention, then leave them be, because by getting invovled, you are giving them that attention, and they'll be bound to do it again.

Agreed CAV, America has done no good for perceptions accross the world of your country.

In the UK we may be ally's and as americans often think.. "your lapdogs" however the case is that a vast majority of its population is in distaste of Americas actions over the past decade.

The abuse of the power you have (although it is being limited more and more as the years go on) is rather ridiculous. And although NK is not in good relations with the US, (to unstream--) Does America have the right to assume that they would use nuclear attacks on America? No, however America assumes everything and therefore must act on every little bit of information they receive.. even though some information is incorrect (bush incidents..).

Heh. All im saying is, America does get concerned in things that truly do not concern them. They feel that they are at the top of the world when really they are not. America is a superpower, yet not the only one -- not now.

More news regarding the conflict will happen, more events will happen. And following Wikileaks cable messages I think that it will come sooner rather then later.

And when we have China parenting North Korea in a sense, ..yes times ahead of us do look to be repeating of the past.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11955625

• 4 weeks later...

Are you guys kidding me? This is something that America can't ignore. NK is dangerous. Why? Because they hate the U.S. and they have bombs. Nuclear bombs. And guess what? Countries tend to bomb other countries they hate.

Believe it or not, NK is a threat to America. And so America has to keep a close eye on NK.

This type of mentality makes me hate being an American so much. A lot of just simply rests on whether a country is communist or not. I somehow doubt that America would care as much if it was NK vs Cuba or something. America is too nosy. We act like we're the world police and manipulate various events to try and justify our actions.

I do think that we should keep an eye on the situation, but that doesn't mean be ready to attack NK the minute we feel compelled to.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.