To color or not to color

Batman

So as some of you might know i am applying for an UFA pet. I have created a picture I am pretty happy with but now I am super worried to color it. I hate coloring pictures because I want the colors to come out right and they never seem to. Does it seem like it is unfinished if I don't or is it okay? I can add the picture if you want to see it.

First, I'd love to see the picture. (And most that reply, will probably say the same.)

Second, how do you plan on coloring it? Is it a computer image, or will you be using crayons, colored pencils, etc?

It also kind of depends on the species/color of the pet, in my opinion.

I'd love to see a picture. I think some pictures look better colored, but to be sure I'd need to see.

Okay i guess I shouldn't have poofed after posting this. I am just worried to color it because of all the different color purples I will need. I don't overly know how to color it in color pencils considering I only have maybe 2 different shades of purple none of which really fit for Jhudora. Then I some how have to color the krawk too. This goes along with the story I wrote by the way.

eke001.jpg

You could use a purple and a pink/fushia and adding in some green for Jhudora, then a more average purple for the Krawk. I'm not real great with coloring pencils, but I think you could lightly shade the purple on the Krawk with black, to darken it a bit.

You should color it :)

And start by making a color scheme...

This site might help you [http://colorschemedesigner.com/] since you get different shade of the colors, and can get the complementary, etc. (Green is complementary of Purple for instance).

And if you make a digital color version, then you can make different versions of it and select the one you prefer :)

If you really don't want to color it, you might want to shade with with pencils. Get a 3B or higher to do so. To get a nice nice nice black shade, put a metal ruler behind your paper when you draw and then take a lighter pencil (such as 3H) to fill in the small holes.

Example of what I rambled about :

Le_londonien_by_Xepha.jpg