Neopets Illnesses...

Lamppost

With TFR plot going on, I am under the impression that the Healing Springs will only give out potions, not cure a pet's illness. Is the only way to cure the illness to buy the cure? Or is there another?

My pet got sick from Blurred Vision today from the Apple Bobbing, and I want to make sure she's healthy for when the plot begins again!

As far as I know, that's correct - at this point in time the healing springs won't cure your pet of illnesses, so you'll have to go and buy the cure (alternatively, some wheels and other luck-based activities can sometimes cure your pets). If you really need to, you can feed your pet poisonous jelly to give it an illness with a cheap cure (although naturally this is an uncomfortable experience for the pet in question).

The Wheel of Knowledge can cure your pets, but you can only spin it once per day, and it costs 500 np to play.

The Wheel of Knowledge can cure your pets, but you can only spin it once per day, and it costs 500 np to play.

Actually it only costs 400np ever since the Save the Wheels event.

Also, the above are right. The healing springs won't work on any pet at the moment, just give out potions.

I got blurred vision from apple bobbing as well. It stinks that the cure is so ridiculously expensive. Good luck! I haven't had any luck getting the spot on Wheel of Knowledge to heal my pet :/

If you really need to, you can feed your pet poisonous jelly to give it an illness with a cheap cure (although naturally this is an uncomfortable experience for the pet in question).

Good idea! I did and it worked perfectly. I only spent 14k instead of 69k.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

You're welcome! :D But it seems that Meghan's advice would have saved you even more:

Feed your pet a Poisonous Lollipop, which gives Floppy Tongue. The cure, Tongue Shrinker, is only 1500 NP.

The poisonous lollipop didn't get my pet sick... he just ate a couple and wasn't hungry any more. I ended up feeding him poisonous jelly as well and curing him with medicinal soap.

Same for me! Luckily my pet got sick on the second poisonous jelly.