Missed chance at Black Ops

CAV of Gang Green

I am so angry. Today at Best Buy in Union Square (Manhattan), they were celebrating the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops, which comes out tomorrow. They allowed gamers a chance to play the game before it comes out, and even have a chance to win a FREE COPY of the game. You started playing at 9:30 PM EST, and the release of the game was at midnight. I carefully explained this to my father, while asking him if he could take me (since he wouldn't let me go alone). To my surprise, he said yes. So we went over there, and there was Black Ops stuff EVERYWHERE in the store. My father forgot about when it starts, and when I told him again, he said no, and we went home. He gave me the option to be there myself and wait, since we got there at 6:30 PM EST. Being the idiot that I am, I went home with him and my brother. So I missed a chance to play the game, and an even bigger chance to win a free copy of the game. And now I'm stuck here, hoping on the chance I win the $5000 Best Buy gift card. If I win, I'll get the prestige edition, which comes with a working RC-XD Video Surveillance Vehicle, with a Transmitter.

51xMBpu31KL._AA300_.jpg

41upln%2B7IAL._AA300_.jpg

If I don't win the card, I'll have to just get the game. And I would have to wait til Christmas, which I don't want to do. Also add the fact that my father doesn't have much money that he could spend on Christmas, so if I have to put Black Ops on the list, I would have to take something else out.

*shakes you* Why did you go home?!?! D:

Black Ops is not on my list of "games to get" but if I had the chance to get a free one I would have taken it! But then again I don't have a christmas list so if I asked a lot my parents would probably get it for a gift in the near future....

The trick is to have parents who are in to video games :P

I don't know why. Maybe because my father would want to contact me, and my phone was dying.

My mother loved games. Usually the side scroller classics, her favorites being Pac man and Mario. But she died, and my father was only SOMEWHAT interested in Atari 2600.

I'm certain there's a waiting list that you could be placed on. The sooner the better, too! lol It was just another option instead of having nothing at all.

It certainly is popular. Went with a friend to the midnight release of it! Was really fun.

LUCKY! WHY DO YOU MAKE ME ENVY YOU SO!?!?

Stupid school and their IAs. It was only a half day today to top it all off.

On Gamefly, they have a waiting list, but with games like that, it's HUGE to the point that it'll be January by the time I get to rent it. By then, I will have already gotten it.

So Gamefly won't help.

I don't have CoD: Black Ops. I don't really care for modern-era war games.

But I just bought Day of Defeat on Steam for $2.50! :D