Packratters UNITE!

Kuroida

Who's aiming for the packrat avi?

I am and I've got tons and tons of doubles that I'd really want to trade off for other items!

I figured I might not be the only one with this problem so this thread is for people who has lots of junk to trade off for...well...more junk :P

If anyone wants my junk then nm me! I'm interested in half jellies, 2/3 omelettes and 1/3 omelettes just to name a few ;)

And for people who already have the avatar. Share with us how you got it! (how much did it cost? Did it take you a lot of time? etc)

Items: 1,593 | Qty: 2,141

Woot!

I started collecting for the packrat avvie about 6-12 months after I joined neopets. It took me a year or two, I think. I haven't stopped buying lots of items though, so now I'm trying to resell a bunch of my items since 1) I don't need them and 2) I probably have spent a million neopoints on everything I own. :P

I have a bunch of random omelettes (full, 2/3, 1/3) in my gallery, check it out if you'd like to purchase (all are up for sale!). I think I'm going to start collecting Meridell themed items now, though.

PM me if you want some specific junk, since I probably own it. :D

I've been getting half jellies and omelette sections just by feeding the whole items to my pet. I also put anything I receive in my SDB. This means all of my items from fishing, from the healing springs, random events, and dailies. If I don't have it yet, it goes in. I don't sell anything unless a double is already in my SDB. Using this method I'm over halfway to the avatar and I haven't spent any aditional np just to aim for the avatar. When I get close to the end, I'll probably pull items from my gallery to top off my SDB. (Gallery being the only place that has items that aren't doubles in my SDB.) I really don't want to spend much of anything to get this avatar.

Having said that, it would be great to trade useless items for other useless items I don't have. I just don't think that I'll have anything that people don't already have. I do have lots of jellies and omelettes though. If anyone wants to trade omelettes and jellies for different flavors, let me know!

Isn't it funny how eating an omelette makes it more expensive? Weird. I just went through my SDB and took out two of each omelette type. I've been systematically feeding my pet only on omelettes. Did the same thing with jellies. Took out one of each kind and put the halves back in my SDB as she ate one each day.

I've been getting half jellies and omelette sections just by feeding the whole items to my pet.

I've been doing that but both my pets are full to the brim -_-

And I take advantage of the "Free" trades on the tp (I used to be a frequent stalker of the tp so I figured I'd put my skills to use) :P The downside is that the free trades usually contain one or two items that I already have which is why a few hundred free trades= hundreds of doubles -_-

Isn't it funny how eating an omelette makes it more expensive?

I don't think it necessarily makes it more expensive. I meant the omlettes in his gallery are like the very rare omlettes you can't easily get from the daily :P

*EDIT:

Ok. All my trades got accepted just now....which means I have +67 more items...including my +100 items that were already in there...... Anyone want:

cheap snowballs

cheap books

Tchea Fruit (whole and squashed)

Baggus

Half-eaten Berry

Box of Trifle Mix

lime jelly

mint jelly

Scary Soup

Rotten Omelette

Cracked Mummified Pepper

Ummagine

Yellow Growth

Stale Bread

Mummified Banana

Star Fish Sandwich

Red Kazoo

Stuffed Frog

Bow Tie

Haiku Stamp

Honey Filled Olive

Orange Draik Stamp

Quetzal

Ubikiberry Elixir

Veiled Autumn Hat

Quick-Change Costume Chest

Count Von Roo Halloween Costume

Antigravity Tulip

Landfish

Butterfish

Lesser Spotted Fish

healing potion 1,2,4

Half Coconut Shell

Shiny Purple Cowry Shell

Sand Grapes

smoke mote

water mote

Sticks N Stones cap/ jacket/poster

Crunchy Skullberry

...I could go on but I'll think I'll stop there :P If anyone wants nm me or post it here!

Back then I was much younger and didn't have access to forums and such, so I didn't really know about the shops/trades that offered hundreds of different items for 1 np each...

You could probably get the packrat avvie within a week nowadays if you spend just an hour a day looking for cheap stuff. :wink:

I am a natural pack rat at heart. I got the avatar without really trying in maybe a week or so. And now after the fact there is even more items sitting in there. Seriously every time I get anything I dump it right into the SDB. I should probably clean that out a little bit again soon.

I have a TON of packrat stuff left over that I'm having a hard time getting rid of it all. If you're interested NM me and I can post a few trades for you - not asking much, I really just want it gone! It was SO easy to collect and it's SOO hard to get rid of!

I got the packrat avvie after maybe a week of hoarding, but after that every item I get I just naturally put into my SDB. I sort of have a hoarder's personality, anyway. And I don't think I'll ever get around to cleaning all that stuff out. xDD

Right now I have:

Items: 1528

Quantity: 2852

O.o

I initially tried to get mine by buying cheap stuff, then realized that if I gradually accumulated stuff from random events, Advent Calendar, etc. I would eventually get there. And so I waited and now I have it :). I think it took months, maybe a year.

I got this one because one super nice person on the Forums just start to send me everything out of her SDB until I had them. Then i sent everything back because I took screen shots of everything.

EDIT: Of course I am still a packrat at heart Items: 1,376 | Qty: 5,908 . I have been selling things like crazy too. I will never get rid of everything.

I'm packratting. Being a packrat in real life (though also an organization freak; not sure how that works out), I tried really hard not to packrat on Neopets. And then I realized I got an avvie for it, so I have an excuse to just throw stuff in there and not think about it again. :P

I got the avvie about a month ago, and cleared my SDB out after I got it. However, even while I wasn't collecting for the avvie, I'd have about 800 items. Now I've got about 130 items in a quantity of about 400. I expect I'll have another 1000 come next summer.