Game question

Rae

Okay this is a two part question. Mainly I'm just curious, and slightly annoyed. Why can we only earn 1,000 neopoints from games? I don't remember it always being like this... I could have sworn I used to love playing certain games because I could earn a ton of neopoints at the few I was good at.

Also, why is TNT changing how many neopoints you can earn? Like the ratio. For instance Dubloon Disaster or something (I can't remember the name of the game now) And Chariot Chaser or something. The ratio was up much higher a week ago, and now all of a sudden you make little to nothing when you submit your score -_-

I hate when they do stuff like this.

There was once a time when you could earn more than 1000 np? I wasn't here for that!

I heard that TNT changes the ratio so that people change the games they play so that they earn more np. So, TNT cab put more ads on more games. I doubt that this is the only or most important reason, but it would make sense. :)

TNT wants you to stay on their site longer playing games so they can use ads to make you buy stuff.

The NP ratio changes every month.

TNT can answer your question! Here is what I got from their help section:

I got the same score as before, yet I received fewer Neopoints. What happened?

If you notice that a certain score in a game earned you, say, 800 NP one day and only 700 NP the next, do not worry, this is not a glitch.

In an attempt to balance the amount of Neopoints earned among all the different games Neopets has to offer, the NP to score ratio for any particular game may change from time to time, so be sure to keep an eye on the ratio for your favourite games!

And I can't remember a time where there was not the 1000 np per game per play limit... I have been on Neopets for 8 years in total.

Exception being made of the featured game that doubles the amount of NP that you earn.

TNT can answer your question! Here is what I got from their help section:

And I can't remember a time where there was not the 1000 np per game per play limit... I have been on Neopets for 8 years in total.

Exception being made of the featured game that doubles the amount of NP that you earn.

Alright thank you. I never look on Neopets for my answers, ever since the layout change I still haven't managed to find my way around! lol. I've been playing for 9 years total, so maybe I've thinking of a LOOONG time ago and maybe they had it for a brief time? I'm not entirely sure... hahaha.

It bothers me because it has been DRAMATICALLY lowered and it doesn't make me go play more games, it makes me play fewer games. That's what I don't understand about TNT. They wanted us to donate NPs to save the wheels too. They're fake. Neopoints don't save anything. SO WHY TORTURE US?!

I played when I was a kid (and then quit and started back up again) and I was like 99% certain that there wasn't a 1000np per game limit...but then again that was years ago so details are a bit sketchy :P

And I agree, the limits make me play games less. On an average day I stalk the tp and play three games total o.0

Hmmm... I've been playing neopets for about 9 years too. I actually do vaguely recall getting more than 1000np for some games, but the limit of 3 was definitely in place. I don't know if I trust my memory, but that much does not seem inaccurate.

The constantly changing ratios bothers me once in a while. If I really love a game and they make it pointless to play, that is not pleasant. However, I do tend to seek out new games that are fast to play and have good ratios each month. No matter which games have high ratios, I tend to have played them many times before because of this. It isn't such a big deal. :)