Newbie Needs Help

Akari

I only just recently started Neopets again after forgetting my old account's information. Everything has changed so much since I was like.... 5. I also have found that training and battledoming can be sort of fun. (Especially when I want 90+% win average!) So I'm just here to ask for some general suggestions on how to train, equip, or improve my pet. Since I really want to get a trophy for helping out during those war things. Most of my equipment was given to me by my friends so I have no idea how to use it even. I sort of just clicked around and hoped for the best. My friends said it would be more fun if I discovered myself... But I'm still lost.

Currently:

Training at the Mystery Island school- focusing on hitpoints, strength, and level.

Kitchen Quests

---Trying to complete the cool lab ray map thing (going very slowly...0/9 pieces)

Equipment:

Wand of Reality (Gift)

Sophie's Magic hat (Gift)

Honey Potion (Gift)

Leaf Shield (Gift)

Golden Compass (Gift...)

Snowglobe Wand (Gift -_-)

Downsize (I BOUGHT MYSELF WOO!)

Lesser Healing scroll (WOO ANOTHER I BOUGHT MYSELF)

Stats:

Level: 12

Strength: 14

Speed: 10

Defence: 7

Hit Points: 17/17

Edit: The guides here were really nice to show some stuff, but I have no idea where to go from there.

Well I'm not much of a battledomer myself, but in case you haven't found them already, I'll recommend the articles over on our Battlepedia. They should help you get the basics down and lay out some good equipment combinations for starting out with. :yes:

I only just recently started Neopets again after forgetting my old account's information. Everything has changed so much since I was like.... 5. I also have found that training and battledoming can be sort of fun. (Especially when I want 90+% win average!) So I'm just here to ask for some general suggestions on how to train, equip, or improve my pet. Since I really want to get a trophy for helping out during those war things. Most of my equipment was given to me by my friends so I have no idea how to use it even. I sort of just clicked around and hoped for the best. My friends said it would be more fun if I discovered myself... But I'm still lost.

Currently:

Training at the Mystery Island school- focusing on hitpoints, strength, and level.

Kitchen Quests

---Trying to complete the cool lab ray map thing (going very slowly...0/9 pieces)

Equipment:

Wand of Reality (Gift)

Sophie's Magic hat (Gift)

Honey Potion (Gift)

Leaf Shield (Gift)

Golden Compass (Gift...)

Snowglobe Wand (Gift -_-)

Downsize (I BOUGHT MYSELF WOO!)

Lesser Healing scroll (WOO ANOTHER I BOUGHT MYSELF)

Stats:

Level: 12

Strength: 14

Speed: 10

Defence: 7

Hit Points: 17/17

Edit: The guides here were really nice to show some stuff, but I have no idea where to go from there.

your equipment doesnt really need any changes, since its all powerful (you should thank your friends), so i recomment training a lot first. speed doesnt matter that much, so train on dfense and strength and hit points first.

I also recommend that you sell your golden compass when the next battle comes out, since the prices double or triple.

Side note: the wand of reality is worth like 4 mil, which is equivalent to a ylanas blaster (costs at most 1.2 mil, with about the same amount of icons) + lab map (at most 1.5 mil)+ a baby paint brush (which i will sell to you for 582k if you can wait till the 3rd wednesday of next month)+ about 700k left. That would bring your leftover money to about 1.25 mil.

IF you decide to sell it, ask battler/baron dante, and let him give you some advice on whether you should sell it or not, since he says the wand of reality has better icon types. And after that, if you decide to sell the wand of reality, wait until the next plot battle step, since its price will also go up a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

You should be thankful for your friends! The best weapon I have is a scarab ring. I think once I get over 1mil in the bank I'm going to buy another item. Anyway, yeah training is the way to go for you. I was told to focus on hit points until it says you can't anymore for that level, and I have to say that method is working great for me.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.