Just curious... Are there any swing dancers out there?

Sakurabelle

I'm just curious if there are any other social dancers out there. My husband and I mostly do lindyhop, but we know the basics of a few other dances as well. Even if you're a ballroom dancer, I love to tango! (I'm just not very good at it yet.) So... Any other dancers hiding in cyber space?

Saddly, no, I am not a swing dancer, but it does sound really fun if I ever get the chance to learn. I'm actually quite a horrible dancer in general but oh well. But I do love me some square dancing. Yes, you did read that right and I wish there were more opportunities to do it.

I've been square dancing before. It's really fun when you go with a bunch of friends! And I wouldn't give up on dancing because you think you're horrible. If you practice anything for long enough, you'll eventually get the hang of it. In any case, the entire point of social dancing is to have fun, so wrong or right, bad or good, if you're having fun then that's all that matters. :D And JB, I'm sorry that you had such a traumatic experience. I hope this hasn't marred your joy in moving to music. (Because dancing of any kind is awesome!)