Winter Sidebar

Rbbutterfly

In this week's editorial, a question was asked about how you get the winter sidebar. The reply was that as long as you meet the "requirements", you should be able to get it at anytime during the 31st.

Does anyone happen to know what these "requirements" might be?

The winter sidebar is the terrior mountain sidebar (if i'm correct) and to get that, its a random even on terrior mountain...

Maybe the editorial was talking about if you refreshed at midnight on the 31st or something that you could get it automaticly....not sure though

More hint requests?!

Ah, since it is a once-in-a-year opportunity, we'll let you off the hook this time. If you are celebrating Christmas, please don't upset Santa by staying up to midnight on Neopets. Should you meet the requirements, you'll be able to collect the sidebar by visiting the Advent Calendar at ANY time on December 31st.

I originally thought that you had to midnight refresh, but apparently this bothers Santa and there is another way.

No, unfortunetly the answers have seemed to elude us for years. However, I'm sure if you ask around, like you're doing, people may know part or one person may even know the whole thing but isn't telling us because he/she believes that it's public knowledge. But yeah, keep asking around. :D

Hmm... It can’t be that you have to collect your prize every day. I did that last year and I didn’t get it. On the Neopets boards, there is speculation that it has something to do with Icy Snowflakes, but I think that this is based on images also appearing in the same editorial.

It has something to do with going to the Advent calender and something else no one knows. There have been reports of people going at all different times and having gotten all the gifts and getting it, and reports of going every day and not getting it. It's alos a rare Winter RE on Terror Mountain as well.

Perhaps part of the requirement is that you go to the advent calendar every day and have the items in your items and not necessarily in ur SDB.. or elsewhere

Eeehhh. I hope not. Most of the items I have gotten so far are either in my pets' stomachs or on a side storage account.

Guest Christmas Trace (Not Tree)

All the item in the inventory... that is what I was thinking.

Quick question for the staff members, why isn't this new information on the sidebar solutions page?

This sounds good for now right?

"Should you meet the requirements, you'll be able to collect the sidebar by visiting the Advent Calendar at ANY time on December 31st. "

What's there right now is too vague.

"A random event while in Terror Mountain."

And that helps us find the solution how?

In this week's editorial, a question was asked about how you get the winter sidebar. The reply was that as long as you meet the "requirements", you should be able to get it at anytime during the 31st.

Does anyone happen to know what these "requirements" might be?

There was also a picture of the " Icy Snowflake " with this weeks editorial.I'm wondering if you just might need to have your " Icy Snowflake Avatar " active when you visit on the 31st.

I plan on gong there with and without it , if i have to.I've tried everything elseand nothing worked yet. :sad01_anim:

There was also a picture of the " Icy Snowflake " with this weeks editorial.I'm wondering if you just might need to have your " Icy Snowflake Avatar " active when you visit on the 31st.

I plan on gong there with and without it , if i have to.I've tried everything elseand nothing worked yet. :sad01_anim:

Hmm... That seems to be the idea when I ask this on Neo's boards as well. It looks like I will need to get that avi.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the sidebar!!

When I went to pick up my advent prizes to day, I got it at the bottom of the page... As to the "requirements", I collected my prizes everyday, and I have the Let it Snow! avie (though I'm not using it). Do you think everyone will get it with their prizes?

Thanks for the tip about avatarlog's survey. I filled it out.

I did not get the side bar. :(

I had my "Let it Snow" (the icy snowflake avatar) active, so it can't be that.

I don't think it can be having all the items in your inventory since the inventory can only hold 50 items and at two items a day for 30 days (not including today) that would be 60 items - they wouldn't all fit.

I hope someone figures this out soon!

Frosty Foxyloxy: you have to get the snowy avi separately - you only get it by having an ice snowflake (~25K np) in your inventory when you visit terror mountain. He was just saying that perhaps you need that in order to get the winter sidebar, but it seems some who got the sidebar didn't have it.

Maybe the requirements were that like every 5th person or 10th or ANYTHING person to visit was awarded the sidebar. I didn't get it, but who knows, I will try again next year. *goes to fill out suvey*

*sigh* So then the requirements are something other than visiting everyday?

That's good, because I forgot to collect the day that they didn't hand out prizes, as I was convinced that it was a glitch. Though I have all the prizes.

Off to fill out the survay then.