Detaching a zapped petpet before trading

bears54fan

You can trade a pet with a petpet attached to it. You just cannot add the petpet to the value of the Neopet; meaning, you cannot attach a Meowclops to a basic and seek a draik simply because of the Meowclops (as an example). Otherwise it falls under the "trading items" for a pet, which is against the rules.

There was an editorial explaining this not too long ago. They probably explain it better than me hehehe :P

Sorry! I must not have asked the right question. Let me try again. For example: I want to trade my pet, which has a zapped pet attached to it. I went to the adoption center and went to give it to a friend, but i received a message that said I needed to detach my zapped pet.

I thought I had traded a different pet that also had a zapped pet attached to it, previously.

So, my question is can pets with zapped petpets not be traded/adopted out, or is it just certain petpets?

I just now saw this.

I've transfered a few pets with zapped petpets. I had never had any issues until a couple days ago, when I tried to transfer a pet that had a Pile of Soot. It wouldn't allow me to transfer that, so I had to remove it.

Was the petpet a Pile of Soot, or a different one?