Royalboy or Royalgirl Kacheek (or keep him the way he is)

Octopus

Question above says it all. I have trouble choosing between the two looks because both of them look so cool :wub_anim:. If I go for Royalgirl though I'm going to have to put my pet through a potentially traumatic gender change...

I also have a more legit question-if you paint a pet Royal and then change their gender do you keep the old clothes or get the other gender's clothing?

Personally, I like the Kacheek royalboy better than the boy but looking at your pet, I think I kind of really like the striped that you have him now too.

In regards to the latter question, I really have no idea but I suspect that you just keep the old clothes and don't get new ones for the new gender, but I could be wrong, but none the less, I would suggest choosing the gender before painting just to be sure.

I'd say RoyalBoy, but Kacheeks are some of my favorite Royals. :wub_anim:

As far as the gender change thing -- depends how you do it, though you'll keep the initial clothes either way. To better explain: let's say, for the sake of argument, you decide to paint your pet RoyalBoy. You will get the RoyalBoy clothes, which you will have to keep forever (they won't disappear, no matter what you do with the pet in the future.) If you change your pet's gender by battling the Lab Ray Scientist, only its gender will change -- you'll just have a RoyalBoy pet that happens to be female. :P (I believe this is also true if you use the gender-changing Strange Potion, but honestly I wouldn't bother as the potion is at least as expensive as, if not more than, buying the whole Lab Map!) If, however, you change your pet's gender by zapping it with the Lab Ray, everything I've heard says that you should get a pet that is not only female, but is actually RoyalGIRL, clothes included. Of course this is quite risky, as there's no guarantee you'll get a gender change before a color/species one; but if you *really* want both sets of clothes (in which case, if you don't use the Lab you'd still be using a second PB anyway) and can afford to morph the pet back to a Kacheek if necessary, then I'd say go for it. Hope that helps. :)

Id say Royal Boy. WUV WUV WUV!

And about the latter question, you keep the original clothes.

To onime: even if the lab changes the pets gender, the color is still the same. if the lab changes the pets COLOR, then you will get the clothes.

Noooooo, now I can't decide between painting and not painting my Kacheek (though it's narrowed down to Royalboy now)! :D

Guess I'll wait until I can afford the Paint Brush before making the final decision. Thanks everyone!

Id say Royal Boy. WUV WUV WUV!

And about the latter question, you keep the original clothes.

To onime: even if the lab changes the pets gender, the color is still the same. if the lab changes the pets COLOR, then you will get the clothes.

You can't get Royal from the lab though. ;) And are you sure? I mean I understand that you get clothes if you get a color that has clothes from the Ray; but I have heard from several sources that if a Royal pet has its gender changed by the the lab (and only the lab, it doesn't happen when you battle the Scientist for a gender change), the pet will actually become the other Royal, clothes included (as in, going from RoyalBoy to RoyalGirl rather than simply being a female RoyalBoy.) Admittedly I've never tried it, as I currently don't have the NPs to burn on an extra Royal PB/morphing potion on my RB Bruce (plus I have no interest in the RG clothes for him. :P) I don't know if anyone here can confirm or not...if not, eventually I probably will try just to satisfy my own curiosity, but it'll be a long time before I have the extra NPs to do so.

• 2 weeks later...