Restocking tips?

RobertoLuongo

I've never rsed before in my life mainly because I never really had the patience. Sitting in my chair hitting f5 for hours on end doesn't sound very appealing. Another turnoff is that there are probably hundreds of people rsing at any given time, so my chances of snatching something decent is pretty slim. What I do know is that it's probably the best way of earning np, and there are people who make more in a day than I've made in years.

So I was wondering if there were any general times that the shops restocked, or is it all random? Anyone here have any tips? Any good stores to start for a newbie? I have the Meridell food store in mind because of the Draik eggs but I'm sure that store is pretty popular and NOT newb friendly :S

The only restocking I do, is at the Igloo Garage Sale. That would be a good place to start. Things move semi-quickly, but not as quickly as other shops. (So it'd be a good place to practice.) You just have to have a general idea of what could be worth something. I do decent there. I usually make about a 1k profit on most things.

I make most of my NP from stocks as well, but that is all about passively waiting and luck. But it's pretty much still nothing compared to rsing.

And thanks for showing me the simulator, my confidence just went up a tad bit :laughingsmiley:

Is it even possible to get a rating of 5 stars? That's like under 3 seconds.

Oh, and how often do shops restock per hour?

I've never actually looked into what times the shops actually restock but I believe each shops says how often it restocks, but I feel like its usually supposed to be every eight minutes or so for the most part. I personally don't do any hard core restocking but I like to poke around all the shops in Neopia central so that way if one shop has nothing good I can just go click another shop and just by the sheer number of shops there to click in one area I usually hit something pretty good, since like you, sitting at one page and refreshing is not very exciting to me.

I'd suggest starting out at the Food Shop. It's pretty easy to see what the rarer, and therefore typically more profitable, items will be (there will generally only be one of them in stock - obviously, one of 17 Hot Cakes isn't a great idea). It restocks often, and there are definitely quite a few r99's that come around. At the very least, you'll be able to pick up a few Neggs for around 500 NP and sell them for about 1,500.

Though if you really want to restock, I heard Ian made a restocking simulator. It's found here

Actually, I believe credit for programming that simulator goes to Grant. ;)