Login question

Jengie

I'm not home right now but I did bring my laptop with me to HOPEFULLY get some sort of connection to where I could get back onto Neo and continue playing games. Unfortunately, I was unable to find a connection and am now using the home PC here.

If I log in from here, will it get me in trouble? I made sure to log out before I left home.

I'm only asking this because the last time I switched to a different computer (in my own home, mind you), I was frozen. The reason said it was because I was hacked. How could I be hacked by logging out, RUNNING to my bedroom from the living room, which took less than 30 seconds, and logging in? =/

Please reply. I'm bored out of my mind, haha.

Is your question, can you use different computers? If it is, yes. I end up using 3-4. (Work computer, home desktop, personal laptop, and occasionally my husband's laptop.)

You should have no issue going back to the computer you were originally logged in on.

You can always log in on another computer. Especially if nobody in that house plays Neopets, it is no issue at all :)

The past 6 weeks I have been at my boyfriend's place (which is in another country than my own) and have been able to log in there with no issues, even though he plays Neopets (occasionally) as well.

Okay, I'm just paranoid because of what happened the last time I switched computers. I don't what the same situation happening all over again. That was a nightmare, and even though I sent them the activation email from the account, they still didn't give it back to me. =/

I can't lose this one, too.

I'm thinking their issue with last time, wasn't that you used another computer, but they went by the fact that you logged out on one, and logged in on another computer in a matter of minutes, seems like what happens when someone is hacked.

I'm thinking their issue with last time, wasn't that you used another computer, but they went by the fact that you logged out on one, and logged in on another computer in a matter of minutes, seems like what happens when someone is hacked.

I thought I'd be okay because I had done that multiple times before with no issue. Both computers were on the same wireless connection. It just sucks that even with solid proof (trades, items in SDB, verification email AND code, etc), they STILL wouldn't unfreeze the account.

Yeah, TNT seems to have a very loose freezing policy. I've heard of some users that have broken the rules TONS of times and have never been frozen...

However, switching computers shouldn't be a problem... sometimes I don't even log out from the computer I was just using and log onto another computer, but when I go back to that original computer I was using I'm automatically logged out... so I think TNT will log you out from other places when you sign in somewhere else. And I've never been frozen for this.

sometimes I don't even log out from the computer I was just using and log onto another computer, but when I go back to that original computer I was using I'm automatically logged out... so I think TNT will log you out from other places when you sign in somewhere else.

They started doing that as a security measure for people who used public computers. At the time, in this area anyway, you didn't need to log onto library computers, so if you left yourself logged in, the next person could come along and have complete access to your account. By logging you out when you logged on to another computer, you could go home, log in, and everything would be safe. Now, around here, you need to log into library computers so this isn't an issue, but I'm sure it helped a lot of people at the time.