About avvies that you need refreshing for...

Your_Lock

I've never tried just holding down the key for say 100 mass refreshes mainly because TNT frowns upon excessive refreshing. I assume that the avatar will still be gained, but you might make some servers unhappy. I always just open a new tab and refresh the page every time I do something in another tab. That way the servers stay happy, and I eventually get the avatar.

EDIT: Sorry about that. Post lag. :/

Edited by Aloezam

If you're trying to get the one from the game graveyard, don't bother right now. TNT said in a recent editorial that it's been disabled accidentally and they will be enabling it again ASAP.

Whoa, guess I won't try for it now then. <_<

??? TNT said it was ok if you hold down the refresh key. They just don't like automatic page refreshers or putting something on top of the F5 key while you are afk.

That's what I thought too. It was in a editorial, but I forget which one. Holding it for long periods of time though could be mistaken for placing something on the F5 key.

Pretty much, the staffers said not to be obsessive about it, or have anyone/anything else do it for you (cheating).

I found the editorial.

Some people say that you can get frozen from refreshing to much. For example some avatars people say you can only get from refreshing and they say that you can get frozen from refreshing to much. Is that true? ~ x_tammeh

Just like many things in Neopets and life, there is a line. Let's clarify.

- Hitting refresh repeatedly for a few minutes, allowing the page to load. – Great

- Holding down F5 for 10-30 seconds at a time, checking for the avatar/challenger, then trying again if it has not been achieved – Still good.

- Holding down the F5 key for 20 minutes – Okay, but try to take a break for your mental sake and ours.

- Leaving your "cat" on the F5 key while you make a sandwich. – Not good.

- Leaving your "cat" on the F5 key all night while you sleep – Bad.

- Using a program that refreshes for you at the same rate as a human – Frozen!

- Using Opera to open 100+ pages and hitting "refresh all" – VERY frozen.

Basically, anything that plays the site for you, and requires no effort on your part, is considered a "bot" and will get you frozen. Even your "cat." This includes auto refresher functions in browsers, or putting a weight on F5 to do things the old fashioned way. If you don't do any of that, you don't have to worry.

- Using Opera to open 100+ pages and hitting "refresh all" – VERY frozen.

I'm surprised that I didn't get frozen just for USING Opera. Before I got Premium, my tabs would reload whenever the ads loaded, so I would often have 10 or more tabs refreshing at once. It used to drive me crazy.