Hello there everyone.

Aloezam

I would like to extend a formal hello to everyone here at TDN. Some of you I might even already know from the Neo boards. My name is Johnathon, but I prefer to go by Aloezam mostly because it's a completely new username that no one else has ever had. Just google it to see. ;) Anyway, here's some background on me: I'm a programmer by hobby and profession (Mostly PHP/Mysql, and I prefer to framework in OOP and execute in procedural, but you probably have no idea what that means if you're not a programmer, so I'll move on.) I joined neopets in 2005, but with one of those usernames that even I forgot how to spell at times. So, when someone showed me a NT article about main account switches (http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=270), I just couldn't pass up the chance to get rid of my gibberish username. (Note to everyone, switching is an enormous pain.) Now, onto other matters, I wouldn't consider myself a newbie, but I definitely still have a lot to learn in fields such as restocking (I think everyone always has a little more to learn in this field) and avatars (Which I'm a complete newbie in terms of collecting). As for TDN, I've been using the dailies now for a very, very long time, but I've just never really taken the time to be sociable until now. Well, that pretty much sums me up as a Neopian. If there's anything else you'd like to know, just ask. Thanks for taking the time to learn a little about me, and I really hope that I get to meet some new people and learn a lot in the process.

Hi! I'm Onyx! Nice to meet you! I may not look like it, but I've been around Neopets for a long time. Just got a different e-mail. The people here are really nice, and I'm sure you'll have a good time here.

Hi, and thanks for the warm welcome. ^_^ I definitely know what you mean by people thinking you're new just because you switched mains, but it won't take too long to build back up a presence.

Also, I just noticed that Bumpwire labs owns this site as well. That's pretty cool seeing as I used to visit Egg Cave a lot on my daily clicks. I occasionally program adoptable sites for clients and every now and then just for fun. Anyway, I definitely love that there might possibly be some other programmers here.

It's funny how I actually never made a presence on Neopets to begin with. Never talked on the Neoboards because people can neither read or spell, didn't like to be in guilds, didn't like to make Neofriends. I'm a loner...

Never heard of Bumpwire Labs, before. Then again, I haven't been updated on much since my last computer got a virus and I've been getting pummeled by thunderstorms a good three times a week.

Should actually be a whole lot of programmers here. I noticed they all flock to Neopets forums like these...

Welcome to the forums :) I'm Spritzie. I've been on Neopets since 2002. I still have my first account because it's a name I've always loved and still use now. But until the last few years, there was a lot I didn't know about Neopets. And I just started collecting avatars about a year ago. Before TDN, I didn't know you could find solutions to the secret ones. :laughingsmiley:

I hope you enjoy it here.

Thanks, I really appreciate all these warm welcomes. Certainly an improvement over the Neo boards. ;) Yeah, the avatar collectors guide was something that really astounded me. I was actually searching to see if anyone had start compiling a script, and that's how I realized that TDN was more than just a dailies and news site. I had never even noticed the forum link. Plus the avatar solutions guide was a lot more helpful than another one I was looking at - mainly the fact that this one had updated clickables whereas the other obviously had not been very well maintained. One feature that really excites me about TDN is that it seems like a good community that isn't just fascinated by one single aspect of Neo; but rather encompasses everyone's interests.

Welcome! I am Divya. *shakes hand through computer* :D

Yeah, the avatar guides ARE really helpful! Remember to post a lot so that you can join the Avatar Lending! Haha.

Anyway, I hope you have fun here and feel free to ask questions!

I joined the forums when the whole Moltara Worms quest was first released. And I got addicted after that. I'd never been on a forum before and I absolutely love it here. I've made some great friends, I've had a lot of help with the avatars that I'd have never gotten other wise. It's really a great place.

Same here, and thanks. I really feel that TDN is a great community, and the people here just seem so warm and open. Plus, I love the rules about minimum post specifics. I grew ever so tired of the pathetic grammar display on the Neo Boards. As fun as they are, it's just too spammy.

Hello, I'm Lamppost! I'm also a newbie to TDN but a long-time Neopets user. I agree with you, Aloezam, about the Neoboards. Once you fish through the spam, off-topic posts, and chatspeak, you don't have much left.

Spritzie, I noticed you talked about the Moltara Worms quest. I could use some advice there! I got about 7 worms the first time I saw them, but I haven't seen them since! Any tips?

Spritzie, I noticed you talked about the Moltara Worms quest. I could use some advice there! I got about 7 worms the first time I saw them, but I haven't seen them since! Any tips?

I edited my reply on your post and I added my tips for the worms there, so they'd be easier to find. And we could talk about it on your post. :)

Wow, am I late or what? You already have 100+ posts.

1. Welcome to TDN. I'm CAV, TDN's Video Game Addict.

2. Wipe your feet before you enter.

3. Don't always be so serious, exept in "Debate and Discussion", which has a few special rules.

4. Which reminds me, follow all TDN rules. We don't want you in trouble now do we?

5. Don't be afraid to ask people questions.

6. Try to join HAMS, the dominant group on TDN. I'm one of the Leaders and Founders, so I should be able to help you.

Guest Yoshinho

Hello and Welcome! I am yoshinho or yoshi. Please read the rules.

Remember to also check out my forums! www.yoshiforums.b1.jcink.com! Completly safe!

PM me for more information

I've been playing for the past five years but have recently gotten into Neopets again.

I like to collect trophies and avatars. I'm with you there, I'm a total newbie when it comes to them!