Frozen for Protection?

SuperAttackPea

I recently got frozen for protection and when I submit the frozen account form. TNT said I sent it to the wrong email. It took about 30 minutes for them to respond. Then,I submitted another form to the original email of the account and have not gotten a reply in like a day. Why is it taking them so much longer to reply?

Just be patient with TNT. If you get impatient with them, they may not restore your account thinking that you want to keep cracking some innocent account.

Make sure to send them proof of your account for a better chance at getting your account back (Screenshots, etc.) :D

Just be patient with TNT. If you get impatient with them, they may not restore your account thinking that you want to keep cracking some innocent account.

Make sure to send them proof of your account for a better chance at getting your account back (Screenshots, etc.) :D

But if I do not get a reply within like a month, should I send another form?

Usually they get back to you in a couple of weeks. Mind you you're not the only one being frozen for whatever reason (and they need to check the details from everyone!).

It seems to me as if innocent people are getting frozen more often. I'm sure you'll get your account back. Just make sure you're getting frozen for protection; some people are getting frozen for stuff they didn't even do, such as cheating on a game or getting into someone else's account (when it's really transferring stuff from side accounts to the main), so just be cautious.

TNT takes a while to respond to emails. Just be patient, and hopefully, you'll get your account back. The more proof you can give, the better the chance you'll get your account back.

O. Nuclear, I agree with you. Maybe players are getting more vocal about it, but I'm worried over getting frozen for stuff that I didn't do. I don't even play Typing Terror anymore because every score I sent went under review. I'm a good typer; how is that cheating?

Everyone has a problem with Typing Terror nowadays, shiranui_xiii. My scores never got reviewed, but I'm afraid to play anymore since I type too fast for my own good. I play very few games out of fear I'll be frozen for "cheating" when it was merely hard work.

I think Neopets staff are just being jerks. It's like innocent people get frozen while the troublemakers roam free.

Everyone has a problem with Typing Terror nowadays, shiranui_xiii. My scores never got reviewed, but I'm afraid to play anymore since I type too fast for my own good. I play very few games out of fear I'll be frozen for "cheating" when it was merely hard work.

I think Neopets staff are just being jerks. It's like innocent people get frozen while the troublemakers roam free.

I have no issues with Typing Terror. I had a score right under 3600, and it didn't even get reviewed. (There's only been a couple times my TT scores have been reviewed, and it wasn't reviewed when I scored over 3600 and got the avatar.)

Now Spellseeker, I used to get my scores review all the time, for no reason. I'd score just enough to get 1k. But, sometimes, I'd have 50k by level 3. But they seemed to fix it. I had 60k by level 3 yesterday, and it didn't get reviewed.

Neopets has been acting strange, lately. What with people getting frozen all the time and scores reviewed for no reason. Are the staff on super ultra mega uber high alert for something? I wonder...

Relax guys! TNT suspected that someone had stolen the OP's account, and they froze it so that he wouldn't have all of his stuff stolen. They were trying to do him a favour, not punish him.

@SuperAttackPea: There have been lots of reports of peoples' Neopets accounts getting stolen lately, so TNT is probably very busy right now. It might take a week or more for them to get back to you. Depending on how much information about your account you were able to share, you might have to communicate back and forth with TNT for a few weeks.

Try to hang in there. If you have a side account, feel free to use it as your main until you get your account back.

Just curious, how would they know to freeze his particular account for protection?

They may have seen his account being logged in from another IP address doing completely different things as he normally would do.. (including maybe giving away nps or something), so they frozse him so that the possible person who stole the account can't do more harm.

From what I remember, I was playing until I hibernated my laptop without logging out since it is my own computer. Then when I turned on my laptop a few hours later. I got logged out and got the frozen screen. A few days ago, I clicked tried to buy an item from a shop that linked me to neomail some frozen user. A few minutes later, I got logged out for no reason. I logged back in, everything was fine. I checked the owner of that shop, frozen. So, I decided to change some of my stuff, logged myself out and cleared the cookies, because I feared the shop had a CG. So I doubt someone actually got into my account. Before I got frozen, I did what I usually did on neo.

No, TNT are definitely being jerks lately. My account was frozen, and from what I can gather it must have been CG'd, but TNT won't get back to me or anything. I'm completely innocent and I'm having to wait to see if they'll return the privilege of playing on their site. It makes me so mad, but at the same time, what can I do? I feel for you, OP, because I'm playing the waiting game, too, and I just hope it works out for both of us.

Best of luck to both of you. Seems like there are lots of people frozen of lately again, so I'm gonna say you may need to wait a little longer than usual...

No, TNT are definitely being jerks lately. My account was frozen, and from what I can gather it must have been CG'd, but TNT won't get back to me or anything. I'm completely innocent and I'm having to wait to see if they'll return the privilege of playing on their site. It makes me so mad, but at the same time, what can I do? I feel for you, OP, because I'm playing the waiting game, too, and I just hope it works out for both of us.

I know. I seriously doubt anything happened to my account and I contacted the support staff, they took forever to reply. In addition, I gave them all the info they needed in the ticket and they just send me a email asking for it again.

I've been frozen for protection once before & TNT returned my account within a few days.

I have heard of it taking a lot longer I just think I got lucky but most of the time you get frozen for protection you will get your account back.

Goodluck~

Funny~

I actually just got frozen for protection like an hour ago

& My draik and other pets got turned into green uni's :sad01_anim:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I was frozen today as well for "protection". Have you had any luck with getting yours back? I submitted a ticket, and have not heard anything back yet.

No, not yet.

I just sent in another ticket today with the codes of neocash cards I've purchased.

I heard that was a good idea so I suggest if you have ever bought neocash or anything with a code and happen to have it lying around include it in your form ^_^

Funny~

I actually just got frozen for protection like an hour ago

& My draik and other pets got turned into green uni's :sad01_anim:

Not so funny.. That's just cruel, trying to hurt people rather than make money of it for their own good... As you guys can see you're not the only ones.

No, not yet.

I just sent in another ticket today with the codes of neocash cards I've purchased.

I heard that was a good idea so I suggest if you have ever bought neocash or anything with a code and happen to have it lying around include it in your form ^_^

In another coincidence, I purchased my first NeoCash card today! That's why I logged off Neopets, to go buy the card. Silly me was all excited about my new virtual prize. Then BAM!!! Frozen. :(

Not so funny.. That's just cruel, trying to hurt people rather than make money of it for their own good... As you guys can see you're not the only ones.

Yeah I know.

Especially since it was strictly malicious.

Some people really need to find a better way to spend their time.

@Chic_Sammy

Hopefully with all these freezings lately TNT will decide to do something otherwise they will loose a mass amount of players. And PAYING players as well. I'm sorry about your account and I really hope TNT does something to resolve this soon.

A solution for your issue has been suggested.

The ticket with the correct information will be answered shortly and the information will be emailed to the correct address. :)

This is what TNT sent me. What does "shortly" mean? an hour or two weeks? I got this yesterday and still have no info whatsoever on getting my account back.