Draik Lair

Spritzie

Well, they asked about what we do. I said that I'm a grad student, and the judge asked me in what. I also said I was previously a lab tech, but no details. That plus me laughing at the CSI jokes that the prosecutor made probably gave them a hint. They were writing notes on all the prospective jurors.

(This old lady could not believe I was starting my PhD... she was like, "you're 23?!?!??" ... my response was that I'm just starting! :laughingsmiley:)

Hard to say. The prosecutor wanted to make sure we knew the difference between CSI, NCIS, Law and Order, etc. and a real courtroom. That's when I laughed at the CSI joke - which my mom and boyfriend also got, so it wasn't that bad.

The prosecutor said that one of his favorite/fake shows of CSI was CSI: Miami when it first came out. Caruso turned to his partner and said, "Look at the microscopic fiber over there."

That made me laugh out loud. I think those CSI things are funny, when they get the science wrong, but I still like the show. (I'm actually watching it now.)

• 3 weeks later...

Draik Lair has been pretty inactive lately. *sigh*

I just wanted to say that SPRITZIE IS PROBABLY GETTING A DRAIK VERY VERY VERY SOON! SHE IS ABOUT TO NM THE PERSON WHO OWNS A DESERT DRAIK FOR A TRADE!!! WHOOPEEEE!

I would be very happy for Spritzie if she got her Draik.

I haven't really been checking the PC lately for Draiks UFA/UFT.

Any luck with your apps yet, Divya?

She might get 2 because she is almost there np wise, and she is about to trade her Krawk for one! :O

Neither have I. My 1st app got rejected (the one that got the Draik was AMAZING!!! So no wonder I lost) so then I just kinda stopped checking and writing. I should probably write another soon because I am still very far np wise. I have roughly 2 mil.

Thank you Divya. :) We'll see how that goes. I've been focusing on making NP. I'm just about 3/4 the way to a Draik Egg. So I'm excited. It should be about a month and a half, before I reach the needed amount.

You guys are lucky this didn't get too old. :P

I just wanted to say that SPRITZIE IS PROBABLY GETTING A DRAIK VERY VERY VERY SOON! SHE IS ABOUT TO NM THE PERSON WHO OWNS A DESERT DRAIK FOR A TRADE!!! WHOOPEEEE!

Lucky. I always make applications to adopt a Krawk, and each time results in rejection, like always.

Yes, yes we are.

I dont like making apps any more. They are a waste of time. I am going to go and search for Draiks that are willing to be traded for an inexpensive pet. I saw a WN Draik that was willing to be traded for a VWN Royal Boy Kougra! :rolleyes_anim: Oh, silly underpriced people.

Nobody wants to trade a Draik or Krawk. So I end up at Neopound, hoping someone accepts my app.

Besides, I don't do petpages or stuff like that, just a well thought out PM, since I can't HTML to save my life.

School's starting to get to me. I had some personal stuff that came up too that left me emotionally exhausted for about two weeks. Mostly though, it's school. I'm trying to figure out this balance between taking classes, teaching classes, and doing research. o_O

haha. Yeah, school can wear you out just at the thought of it. I have way too many things floating in my head at once to keep track of. I was told to get ahead with my teaching duties because the research is going to increase. o_O

Oh I was going to tell you - I had a student named Divya! She dropped before the first class though.

I feel special! But I swam against another Divya and she was in the lane next to me so I was really confused when the announcer guy called our names. "Should I be in the other lane? Am I in 2 lanes? Oh wait, her name is Divya too..."