Draik Lair

Spritzie

Awww. You're totally going to have to show me Divya! (I need ideas for when Aitvara is painted Faerie. :P)

I tried to play with it last night, but I had a throbbing migraine so I was having a hard time focusing.

:laughingsmiley: Its for the contest, so you'll have to wait til then! Haha. There are going to be soo many possibilities for when Aitvara is finally painted.

Couldnt even focus on DTI? :ohno:

Awww. Okay. I can wait that long.

I know! It was horrible. But I was so lost. My mind wouldn't focus. I tried starting with BGs, then next thing I knew, I was looking at trinkets. But I need to get started on my entries.

Huh I haven't even tried to enter the contest...been so out of the customization loop for a few weeks now and I have no idea what to change for Jet.

I love her current outfit but it just looks really fall...i'm a season behind lol xDDD

trying to trade for some NC items so I can make it more wintry but I have no boxes and trading for box caps is a pain :P

I'm the same way with Aitvara. I thought I'd start with her, because I would know what I'd like, but I couldn't figure out where to even start. But throwing the migraine into the mix, I decided to just wait.

How do you go about trading NC items? I've seen some NC items I'd love to try to trade for. Do you find someone who has it, that wants something you have? Or is it like a custom thing, like, I'll buy this NC item you want, and trade you for the item you have that I want?

You can do both. I'm part of the livejournal community neopian_adults, and every day there's a NC trading post. You post your wishlist, list of items UFT, boxes, amount of custom available, and whatever else, and people look through other posts and see if they want to trade. Each NC item has a value, which may vary from person to person but generally hovers within a range, so we trade based on those values. (there's a few petpages...http://www.neopets.com/~NC_values is a good one)

Or you can brave the NC Mall chat board and post a topic there and hope you get some bites. Usually it helps if what you're offering is in the title, because then only people who want what you have will come looking. GB Caps and very popular items (NY in __ series, popular dresses, rare retireds) are usually pounced on pretty quickly :)

I've traded only a few times but each time I've felt like I got a good deal. Usually, since I only rarely buy NC and so don't have many boxes, I try to trade box caps for two buyables that I want. People go nuts over box caps. I've also managed to snag retired items for good deals in so called "cap sales" which are basically people that are desperate for caps, so they mark items wayyy down in value in hopes of trading. i got my Long Summer Dress for three GB caps last month, when it normally trades for 6 caps in items. i may end up retrading it for an item of similar value though...

*phew* Hope that helps! :D My wishlist/tradelist is here: http://items.jellyneo.net/mywishes/toadsdontexist/

so let me know if you ever want to trade! I have no boxes atm though...so i'm hoping to trade some of my items for box caps :P

I haven't used LJ in years. :laughingsmiley: I'll have to check into it. I should make a wish list of NC items on one of my pet pages, then I know what I want, and others do, in case I ever try to trade.

Hey, can I ask a question about the DTI contest? It says no cross dressing as one of the rules...however, Jetalle generally wears "guy" clothes as her normal outfit...(I put her in dresses because she looks good in them, but they don't really fit her character)

Is this permissible, for my Draik to wear male-oriented clothes, yet it's not ok for one of the male Draiks to wear a dress?

*shrug* maybe i'm just in a really liberal place but i know a bunch of guys who love to wear dresses...I've also seen a lot of Neopets in drag for their character or whatever...

We just want to keep the characters of the Draiks up. Spritzie meant for Aitvara to be female, so it would be nice if you dressed Aitvara up in female clothing. Many of the other Draiks are the same way. I suppose you dont have to and you can go against the owner, but I wouldnt.

:laughingsmiley: I saw that skirt! I thought it actually looked adorable on Uvertira. It reminded me of my field hockey team. My coach played with us this one time and he wore a kilt it was hilarious. Ahhhh good times.

Ahhh the np-only one is killing meeeee! Harhar. NC is so much more fun! I like moving stuff and sparkles. :king:

Wow, so playing with openeo dressing up draiks and what not I was thinking about my dreamies and went to check out paint brush prices. How in the world are pirate paint brushes over 8mil?!? That's almost enough for a plain draik! I thought that pirate paint brushes were given out as a prize from the AC, I thought they would be much cheaper by now. Desert paint brushes are only 2 mil. Guess it's a good thing I want to cross paint with desert first. :rolleyes_anim: Too many dreams, not enough np.

I thought that pirate paint brushes were given out as a prize from the AC, I thought they would be much cheaper by now.

haha they used to be like 15M back in April. they were down to about 7.5m a few months ago and now it looks like they're going back up a bit. But still, they've deflated a lot :P

I'd love for Jet to be pirate but I've become rather attached to her as a royal...I'd rather get another draik than paint her Pirate :laughingsmiley:

Wow, so playing with openeo dressing up draiks and what not I was thinking about my dreamies and went to check out paint brush prices. How in the world are pirate paint brushes over 8mil?!? That's almost enough for a plain draik! I thought that pirate paint brushes were given out as a prize from the AC, I thought they would be much cheaper by now. Desert paint brushes are only 2 mil. Guess it's a good thing I want to cross paint with desert first. :rolleyes_anim: Too many dreams, not enough np.

I know, right? But hey, if you really like the draik.. *shrug*

Ugh. This is disheartening >.< There aren't any Lost Desert Draik Eggs on the market.. Do they even RS at the AAA? I've got five days *eeeeee!* until my account turns 3 years old! I'm definitely going to at least attempt to RS a blue/basic egg there until I hit maybe 12mil.. Right now, by the time I might've had a chance to RS a draik egg of any colour, I'd have enough for a desert PB... But I know even the chances at that are slim. What do you all think?

Ugh. This is disheartening >.< There aren't any Lost Desert Draik Eggs on the market.. Do they even RS at the AAA? I've got five days *eeeeee!* until my account turns 3 years old! I'm definitely going to at least attempt to RS a blue/basic egg there until I hit maybe 12mil.. Right now, by the time I might've had a chance to RS a draik egg of any colour, I'd have enough for a desert PB... But I know even the chances at that are slim. What do you all think?

They do. An LD draik egg was actually the "prize" for discovering the AAA; it stocked for 700k if I recall correctly. However, they seem to be one of the more popular eggs, which may be why there's not any around right now :) Just keep checking, they'll be around again ^.^

:laughingsmiley: I saw that skirt! I thought it actually looked adorable on Uvertira. It reminded me of my field hockey team. My coach played with us this one time and he wore a kilt it was hilarious. Ahhhh good times.

Ahhh the np-only one is killing meeeee! Harhar. NC is so much more fun! I like moving stuff and sparkles. :king:

My husband has a kilt, one of the fancy ones. (He's Irish, so he loves that stuff. Like for Christmas, his parents and sister gave me a bunch of Celtic jewelry, like necklaces, rings, earrings, pins. I look at him and I'm like, "Your family knows I'm German, right?" His reply was, "Not anymore" I guess I lost being German when I got married. :laughingsmiley: )

The NP is really hard. NC is the easiest. I need to make a dead-line for myself to get these done. I think I'll do that this afternoon. I have to finish my entries for at least 2 of the Draiks today. :yes:

I was thinking the same thing. I wanted to paint Aitvara Pirate, to get the clothes/jewelry, but that's just too expensive, when I won't be leaving her that color. I'm going to paint her Royal Girl, then Desert, then I'll paint her Faerie.

They do. An LD draik egg was actually the "prize" for discovering the AAA; it stocked for 700k if I recall correctly. However, they seem to be one of the more popular eggs, which may be why there's not any around right now :) Just keep checking, they'll be around again ^.^

750k *tehe*

Whoa.. Wait what? What does "prize for discovering the AAA" mean? O.o I think I missed a plot, lol! But yeah, I can see why they're so popular :laughingsmiley: I'm still debating on whether or not to go straight for a LDDE, or go for a blue egg. [OT: Goodness pretty little liars looks stupid... *commercial*] That way I could get a Draik sooner, and then save for a desert PB... I'm really leaning towards that. xP

750k *tehe*

Whoa.. Wait what? What does "prize for discovering the AAA" mean? O.o I think I missed a plot, lol! But yeah, I can see why they're so popular :laughingsmiley: I'm still debating on whether or not to go straight for a LDDE, or go for a blue egg. [OT: Goodness pretty little liars looks stupid... *commercial*] That way I could get a Draik sooner, and then save for a desert PB... I'm really leaning towards that. xP

TNT announced a new perk feature for members, and gave out hints. The first person to find the AAA, got the Draik Egg.

TNT announced a new perk feature for members, and gave out hints. The first person to find the AAA, got the Draik Egg.

Wow. Lucky person :O

I'm almost up to 1/5th of a draik. 17%, going on 18.. I think I'm going to try tackling KQ! I'm also uber proud of my habitarium... I have three nests now xD

So how's everybody's draik dress-to-impress going? :)

Wow. Lucky person :O

I'm almost up to 1/5th of a draik. 17%, going on 18.. I think I'm going to try tackling KQ! I'm also uber proud of my habitarium... I have three nests now xD

So how's everybody's draik dress-to-impress going? :)

invest in nests..i have like 8 and i level really quickly

invest in nests..i have like 8 and i level really quickly

Mhmm. I've got two P3's on wood, two on stone, and two on mud. Then two are nesting. I'm kind of relying on hopefully getting a soldier or two soon, because my last larny soldier is at stage like 2.5, and probably will die at some point today or earlyish tomorrow, then I'm left with one soldier, and like 10 nesters/workers. x.x'

Is it a bad thing that I keep checking the TP like, hourly? I gotta stop that habit xD Do y'all think I should try SW sniping to see if there's one for sale somewhere (draik egg) just in case? I could keep like 99.999k on hand xD

I'm thinking about getting some NC next week, depending on how my riding lesson goes. I might have to buy riding pants and/or gloves... If I do, should I get the "pretty blue plaid skirt" d'you think? I can't think of any customisation that'd go with it. But I do like the detective trench coat thingy, but I can't think of anything for that either D: Except if I decided to do a Castle-theme customisation job. :laughingsmiley: But I do like the looks of the steam-engineered heart to go with her/future draik's steampunk thing xD

And, a question to anyone who knows all the details on club rules here... Could I kinda abandon my FCC and make a Neopets general-themed club? Like, FC support, NP help, Habitarium, KQ, and Neopets chat all rolled into one? There's nothing in the forum rules that says I can't, but I want to be sure ^_^