Ancient Neopians

Bloom

No. Your Shoryu is the new style. (Just like mine is) All basic colors were converted automatically. And there weren't many painted pets that had an option to stay unconverted.

To tell the difference is easy whether they are new or old.

The newer ones tend to have the fist effect. Each one has one fist, paw or wing clutched or higher than the other.

The older ones all had different poses and usually they had a circle in the background as a typical background.

I've been on neopets since I was like 13 (a month before I turned 14), which was like 9 years ago. :| I feel all old since I'm turning 23 in two days... But yeah, I've seen a lot of the changes they've made, though have been a lot of on and off since I joined since I used to only go to the library for internet, then had internet, got super busy with school and such, etc. A lot has happened since I've joined, so it's never really been time consuming for me, mostly since I never had much time to begin with. xP But yeah.

And yeah. I was sad that some petpets were changed. :\ I had one that was pretty ugly and such, but I liked it. I called it Boris. It was like a fish, kind of like those ones that puff up with like spikes...and it changed to a Pepito when I took it off. I was so sad. :{ I got it for 1np, so I guess I didn't have much to complain eh? xP

Also, I was kind of sad when the uni changed, which was reason it drove me to paint my neopets since they used to be all in their original colors like 2 years or so ago. xP

I've been on neopets since I was like 13 (a month before I turned 14), which was like 9 years ago. :| I feel all old since I'm turning 23 in two days... But yeah, I've seen a lot of the changes they've made, though have been a lot of on and off since I joined since I used to only go to the library for internet, then had internet, got super busy with school and such, etc. A lot has happened since I've joined, so it's never really been time consuming for me, mostly since I never had much time to begin with. xP But yeah.

And yeah. I was sad that some petpets were changed. :\ I had one that was pretty ugly and such, but I liked it. I called it Boris. It was like a fish, kind of like those ones that puff up with like spikes...and it changed to a Pepito when I took it off. I was so sad. :{ I got it for 1np, so I guess I didn't have much to complain eh? xP

Also, I was kind of sad when the uni changed, which was reason it drove me to paint my neopets since they used to be all in their original colors like 2 years or so ago. xP

Me too! I've been on since I was 14 (my freshman year of high school) and I'm 23 now. My first account had the same username but got deleted (I think) due to inactivity. I looked for it again just over 4 years ago (when I was in college) and couldn't find it (I would have known the password too - and I had a few snorkle snouts in my SDB before the avvie) so I made one with the same username. I was active for a bit then, got busy with college, and got inactive again. I came back on recently when I graduated.

I remember having to convert my Ogrin (the change wasn't much) a few years ago before I got inactive.

Let's see. *Checks account*. Ahh, in a little over a week my account will be 9. Started Playing: July 20, 2001. Sounds about right, I discovered neo when I was 13 (now 22), I was actually babysitting a 7 year old who had a neopets account. I never had enough NP to buy a paintbrush back then, so none of my pets are UC, though I do remember some of the old poses, my Grundo used to look so much cuter. I had my internet cut off about 3-4 months after I began playing and by the time it was turned back on I forgot about neo. Then about 2 years ago I rediscovered it and have been very active since. Actually, about the time I left they had just made Meridell, I remember they were taking a vote on what world should be made, I remember Meridell and Jellyworld being options. It's kind of sad that I left neo for so long, I missed all the wars and a bunch of plots, and now they have avatars to collect...

I've been on Neopets for about 8 years. *sadface* My old account disappeared after I became inactive. Like many, I remember the old toolbar and the pre-coversion pets. The forums used to be much nicer than they currently are. Despite my being an 'old hand' I still feel like a hideous newb on the boards. People on there are often rude, so I just keep to my shop thread.

All that said, I have experienced some amazing acts of kindness. Currently, my crosspaint plans are massive. Various people have sent me items to help with my goals, without previously knowing me or expecting anything in return. All in all - I'm still a proud Neopian.

I joined on October 10th 2001. That account is gone because I moved around a lot before making the one I use now in August of 2004, but I managed to write down the date before it was deleted. I was 11 at the time, and made the account at the library after a friend showed me the site. I've been active ever since. I've never gone more than a week without playing that I can remember, and I only went that long because my family camps a lot and I've done a lot of camping with Girl Guides over the years. I wish I had had the option of not converting by Hallowe'en Jubjub. They were so much cuter with their feet in front of their faces.

I too am an ancient Neopian! My main is my original account, and I'm at 8 and a half years. I remember all the old stuff, even when there was a species called Macy Gray, and a Bruce looked like a man. I wish I hadn't had to convert my pets, too. I haven't even bought into the customization. I did consider buying one of those old time circles at the NC Mall, but didn't have enough NC. :(

Gosh you guys have been playing for ages!! I feel like a neopian toddler now! :P I got my first account in 2005, so not that long ago, but I can remember once this little baby Bruce appeared as random event and turned my kougra into a baby and they don't do that anymore I don't think :\ so I don't think I'm a complete newbie :)

Gosh you guys have been playing for ages!! I feel like a neopian toddler now! :P I got my first account in 2005, so not that long ago, but I can remember once this little baby Bruce appeared as random event and turned my kougra into a baby and they don't do that anymore I don't think :\ so I don't think I'm a complete newbie :)

The Baby Bruce is Boochi. And unfortunately, he is still around. I had a friend get that a month or so ago (though he missed her pet.) I've been playing for 8 years though, and I've never gotten that RE.

The Baby Bruce is Boochi. And unfortunately, he is still around. I had a friend get that a month or so ago (though he missed her pet.) I've been playing for 8 years though, and I've never gotten that RE.

Same here! Never gotten that RE, and I hope I don't, too!

Same here! Never gotten that RE, and I hope I don't, too!

Me too. I wish I had an UC pet, but my one painted pet, wasn't one that had a choice. I usually try to keep the pet that would be the cheapest to re-paint, as my active.

I don't know how long ancient is. My oldest account is from 2004. I don't remember how active I was then or what it was like. I'm lucky if I can remember what happened yesterday, let alone the details of a site 6 years ago. I don't remember what the original Neopets looked like, or what the site looked like. I guess that's a good thing, so I'm not upset like a lot of other people and miss the way it used to be.

My account now is new, but I actually started playing a year after Neopets came out, before yurbles and lutari's existed. Overall I miss a lot of the old stuff, especially the pets having different poses, and pounding painted pets WITH clothes!

I remember back in like 2003/4 I bought a Magical Red Chomby Plushie for 20k, but then I didn't like the name so I pounded it and made a new pet, and got another plushie to change it to a Chomby. Wow. If only I had known what inflation was.

Then I took a five year hiatus...