Beware! Cgers are back in shops!

Sounds fun, I may join you. evil.gif

Lulz, there should be a TDN safety guide. I made a petpage about that a while ago but I got bored. xD

TDN's guide to protecting yourself from scams

TDN's Secure Password Generator

Don't say Hacker ;)

I just want to say, there will always be a place online when, if you aren't careful, you can get scammed or 'CG'd', even if there isn't a lot of news about it. You should ALWAYS be careful when you're online, you should ALWAYS be careful what you click on from shops. Don't think that even though there aren't a whole lot of topics on the boards talking about it, you're safe. You should always change your password frequently, and follow these security measures, even if someone doesn't remind you about it. :)

So, thank you for posting this topic and informing the members here about staying safe on Neopets. We should always use our common sense when we're online.

We have several ad-blocking tutorials Divya if you want those kinds of things to just be blocked all together from neopets.

What web browser are you using?

I have an ad-blocker that blocks popup ads and stuff but it allows me to CLICK on sites. I think it is McAfee? Or maybe thats the site advisor... :eh:

EDIT: Oops you said web-browser. I am using Internet Explorer.

I understand XD It's really cool though, I mean, you can actually see the top banner artwork :) AND THE NICK BAR IS GONE.

Sounds fun, I may join you. evil.gif

Lulz, there should be a TDN safety guide. I made a petpage about that a while ago but I got bored. xD

You should! :evil:

Someone should make it. I'll submit some tips, and stuff, but I'm not good with this stuff. XD

Steph, you missed one! :P

TDN's password security guide

Steph Edit: Whoops. :O

Thanks for the heads up Wartex. :)

Steph, you missed one! :P

TDN's password security guide

Thanks for the heads up Wartex. :)

Your welcome. Hopefully people will be cautions when they buy from user shops.

and thanks for the links both of you :D

I understand XD It's really cool though, I mean, you can actually see the top banner artwork :) AND THE NICK BAR IS GONE.

I knowwww!! I an so happy! But if I used the high tech ad blocker that you were suggesting I wouldn't be able to get my prize from Monotony because that opens up another window that might be considered an ad...

I knowwww!! I an so happy! But if I used the high tech ad blocker that you were suggesting I wouldn't be able to get my prize from Monotony because that opens up another window that might be considered an ad...

Ad Blocker blocks Ads on your page. Pop up blocker blocks pop ups, so I think you'll still be able to get your prize.

Ugh, CGing again :\

I lost my prized account a little over a year ago due to CGing. The worst part was that I accidentally clicked on the link I did, and it wasn't advertising a cheap item. I tried and tried to talk with the staff member about gettting my account back . I had all my info and everything. Never had a warning on the account, just bought the Lab Map,everything was great. Then, whaddya know. Stupid scammers.