Do you play other virtual pet games besides neopets?

Atonomous

I am kinda curious about this, I am currently creating a virtual pet game which has pets that you can customize the colors of your pet (if you're interested in testing it out while it is in alpha, register here). What VPS do you play and what do you like about it? I can use feedback on my features implemented. Just keep in mind that I stand firm on my battle system.

Nope. :D

For me, the appeal of Neopets isn't even the pets (although I love them too)...it's the entire world that has been created, and how the site has 14 million things to do at all times. I could never get bored of playing Neo. I love items too. I think the art and creativity that goes into the site are amazing.

So yeah, no other virtual pet sites interest me in the slightest.

(I'm not trying to be rude or shoot you down, I'm just keeping it real. You seem like you need honest feedback.)

I really miss graphics but i read that you'll fix that later.

Also not sure about the pets, the way they are "build", lil out of proportion.

And i dont like your battle system. Looks a little at "Mybrute" :P

I think it can turn out pretty nice tho! :D

Nope. :D

For me, the appeal of Neopets isn't even the pets (although I love them too)...it's the entire world that has been created, and how the site has 14 million things to do at all times. I could never get bored of playing Neo. I love items too. I think the art and creativity that goes into the site are amazing.

So yeah, no other virtual pet sites interest me in the slightest.

(I'm not trying to be rude or shoot you down, I'm just keeping it real. You seem like you need honest feedback.)

Thanks, no worries. All feedback is welcome. Knowing what people like/dislike about neopets (or any VPS in general) is a help to my project.

I really miss graphics but i read that you'll fix that later.

Also not sure about the pets, the way they are "build", lil out of proportion.

And i dont like your battle system. Looks a little at "Mybrute" :P

I think it can turn out pretty nice tho! :D

Just curious, by a lil out of proportion, are you talking about the images? If it isn't image related, I will probably be needing to look into what I can do about it. As for anything image related, yeah... I will be hiring a pro artist later.

the images of the pets indeed :)

They look a lil like ancient neopets :P

Ah, yeah. I'm not an artist. =(

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Native) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at least 7 words long. Quotes do not contribute to the post count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I don't use any other VPS other than Neopets. I love everything it has to offer, from games, to items, worlds, pets. I've been on Neopets for 8 years, and nothing could compare to it, for me. Plus, with how dedicated to Neo I am, I'd probably end up neglecting any other site I joined. So I don't even bother.

The only really thing I hate about neopets, are the little rules. Yeah, they are meant to be there for a purpose, but it seems like TNT has put TOO many rules. Not being able to say crap or anything like that? That's stupid. Some of the rules can be let go or changed. I also hate how there is a board character limit :/ Sometimes I want to type more then what it is.

What do I like about neopets? Gahh. I can't really name one thing. I love the avatars for one, which is something I'm obsessed with collecting. I also love restocking, which is the way I make my neopoints.

I guess this is really about it. I can't think of another. I hope this helped.

I've tried playing http://subeta.net/ but I ended up quitting. I like the way there pets are designed, but some could be changed.

Subeta is fun, I tried Gaia but didn't like it, I've tried everything, but neo is the only one I play madly

I've played gaia off and on for about 5+ years. I like it, but stopped playing it. Idk why.

I think it was like six years ago, I went on a virtual site frenzy. I wanted more than just Neopets. So I went on search engines and found quite a few. I used to play it all the time, but then Neopets in the end won my virtual heart. :P

Marapets - Just like Neopets with a slight difference.

Gaia Online - Mainly used it for jigsaw puzzles. I still use this to this day here and there.

Free Realm - It's not free. xDD

I know there was a lot more, but I can't seem to think of them. Although, if you are interested in checking out the different virtual pet sites there are in the world, here's a link:

Click here!

It's actually funny what you will find. (:

I only play neopets. It's the only one where the company behind the site actually delivers something that is of high visual quality. It burns my eyes to look at the rest of them. The only bad thing about neopets is how easily you can lose your account if you become targeted by the wrong person.

I tried a few others like Subeta and uhhh...I think it was called Furry Paws. (There were dogs? I don't remember much, I only played for a few days before I got very bored.)

I'm not sure why Neopets has such appeal. Perhaps it's because I've been playing it for so long? There really is quite a lot to do on it though and because it's been around for a while it has a huge leg up on other pet sites.

• 9 months later...

I've played neopets for 5 years. I started playing Icepets this year :). I tried marapets but i din't really like it, the staff and players were rude.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.