Custom shield Help.

Sheta

<style type="text/css">
I.shield {position:absolute;left:600;top:345;background:http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t354/wolf_demon_11/XweetokShield.jpg;height:153;width:100}
</style>
<I class="shield"></I>

Now, when I go to submit this, it goes to the error page saying;

Error: If the explanation below is not enough, there is more help with this error here.htmltonu.gif

Invalid words or disallowed property names found in your style tags.

position

Any help?I made the Custom shield with the shield background from

here. I found the picture on google. Made the transparency and color change and font addition in paintshop pro. Then, I uploaded the picture to photobucket, added the code to where the URL was to go, and pasted the code into the user profile editing page...I still need the help...

You can't use "position" anymore in CSS. I don't know why either, because I used to do my own userlookups until this error message started.

Do you know anything I can use instead of position? I really wish Neopets would lighten up just a tad bit on their moderation of the neoboards...

Yep, "position" is no longer allowed. :( However, you can kinda fudge the filters by using "position" in the HTML as opposed to the CSS. Like for example:

Copy and paste into your user prefs.

<style>
I.shield {background:url(http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t354/wolf_demon_11/XweetokShield.jpg);height:153px;width:100px;}
</style>
<I class="shield" style="position:absolute;top:345px;left:600px;"></I>

(also, your 'background' attributes and other things were improperly coded...I have fixed these issues for you as well.)

I have seen this work with 'div' but I'm not 100% sure about if it will work with 'i' (image)

So please keep me posted as to if this works or not. If not, we'll figure out something else. :)

Thanks! :) I got it to work just fine! I just need to mess with where it is...With the layout I have, it is way out of it's way! And I must have erased the 'url' part...I was unsure whether it was to stay or not...Thank you again for fixing this for me!

It can be fixed in another way as well.

In your profile information, you should change the style tag

It is probably looking like this.

<style>

Change it to this:

<style / >

And close it with

< / style>

This allowed me to use words like position :)

Huh...Cool! Thanks guys! I guess this thread can be locked now that my question has been answered:)

It can be fixed in another way as well.

In your profile information, you should change the style tag

It is probably looking like this.

<style>

Change it to this:

<style / >

And close it with

< / style>

This allowed me to use words like position :)

:woot: I tried it on my own lookup, and...I can't believe it, but it totally worked. Thank you for posting that!!!!

Since the filters are always being tinkered with, it's nice to have two different workarounds for 'position.' This is a happy day for me!

You're welcome! I remember being fairly happy when I found it :laughingsmiley:

Huh...Cool! Thanks guys! I guess this thread can be locked now that my question has been answered:)

Okay!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Viridian).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Viridian if you have any questions regarding this action.