English - The Official Language

Chipmonker

I have yet to see any valid explanation as to why English should not be America's national language.

Speaking English is a requirement to become a legal citizen of the US. It is in no way discrimination towards anyone to require that they know English to legally live here or to claim our national language as English.

pohutakawaman

How can it be racist? English has nothing to do with race.

If you mean prejudice, how so? It's just asserting that this country's main communication is through the English language. I don't see how that's prejudice in any manner.

Well... english was to be taught in most countries, so foreign people can atleast TRY to communicate to others a little bit easily instead of speaking their mothertongue when the other person has no clue wht the foreign person is saying. and so... i really think that english should be the offical language. ...it helps

You know what I think is stupid? People who want to live in America and call themselves citizens when they cant even speak English. Those are the stupid people in this country. English should definitely be the official language of the US. It doesn't mean its the SOLE language you fool. It just recognizes that English is the primary language of the US. I believe there should be some sort of law to make people learn English.

Like I always say,

"Welcome to America, NOW LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH!"

What if you wanted to live in a different country? For example, what if you moved to Mexico and people that you don't even know would call you stupid and dumb and yell "LEARN TO SPEAK SPANISH!" at you? Think about that.

What if you wanted to live in a different country? For example, what if you moved to Mexico and people that you don't even know would call you stupid and dumb and yell "LEARN TO SPEAK SPANISH!" at you? Think about that.

We all know that you need to learn spanish to go Mexico because the official language is Spanish.