Am I the only one that thinks that 'Relic' is an ugly color?

Cornflakes

40 members have voted

1. 1. Color: Relic?

• Hate it
    • Love it
    • Don't really care either way
    • What's relic?

I'm not fond of Relic, but is it different, and the plain is sort of refreshing after the last two rather wild colors.

WHy just crystal? I saw forever ago on a petpage an idea for jewel pets. They'd be like your crystal pets, yes, but they'd be different colors. Less boring.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Relic Paint Brush is 12 Mil. The Relic Paint Brush is like an improvement of the Stone Paint Brush, but they could have done so much more ahh :-(

I'll probably end up painting one of my pets relic eventually anyway. When the prices go down.

Crystal pets sounds neat. I'd love one made of Topaz.

I agree with the people saying that the Relic paintbrushes could have more detail, such as moss or cracks. However, I do like the simple stone look. It's just something I like. Then again, when I was cleaning my room yesterday, I found part of an old rock collection :P

I like that idea as well :D That would be neat. Too bad TNT doesn't have a user input for things like this. They probably are running out of ideas :P

The Relic Paint Brush is 12 Mil. The Relic Paint Brush is like an improvement of the Stone Paint Brush, but they could have done so much more ahh :-(

I'll probably end up painting one of my pets relic eventually anyway. When the prices go down.

Crystal pets sounds neat. I'd love one made of Topaz.

WHAT WHAT WHAT! 12 million for a relic pb? Picture my eyeballs popping out Bugs Bunny style, because that is insane.

I think there are so many other color ideas that they haven't tapped into yet. I'm still surprised that there's no color to represent Shenkuu.

(And awwww, Cornflakes called our banter adorable! Hehe.)

The ridiculously high price is mainly because there is so little supply of them. There is only 6 of them in the TP at the moment. That's how it always is with these new paint brushes.

So many people are mentioning how great a Shenkuu Paint Brush would be! I hope TNT decide to use that for its next color. It would bring in some nice clothes items.

I'm not fond of Relic, but is it different, and the plain is sort of refreshing after the last two rather wild colors.

WHy just crystal? I saw forever ago on a petpage an idea for jewel pets. They'd be like your crystal pets, yes, but they'd be different colors. Less boring.

Now that is a much better idea. I would absolutely love that. With the variety of colors, each pet would be different. That's one of the things I enjoy about Camo/Sponge/etc, where each has a different color theme. I'm not a fan of ones that are all the same. (Glowing, Ghost, Gold, Silver)

I thought crystals and most jewels were the same thing...

When I think of crystals I think of things like topaz and sunstones.

Or are they all different and you can turn them into jewelry? Its what I listed even crystals?

AHrggg I hate science.

But yea, multicolor shiny pets sounds fun.

I thought crystals and most jewels were the same thing...

When I think of crystals I think of things like topaz and sunstones.

Or are they all different and you can turn them into jewelry? Its what I listed even crystals?

AHrggg I hate science.

But yea, multicolor shiny pets sounds fun.

I believe what was meant by crystal, since it was mentioned with diamond, is clear, but it sparkles. Just plain clear crystals. Where as jewels/gemstones, come in any and every color. (Sapphires alone come in almost every color, blue, pink, red, yellow green, white)

ohh alright then. I guess I was getting crystals and gemstones confused. I bet gemstone pets would end up really popular.

The more I look at the Relic pets the more I'm starting to like them. I think they're all drawn really well and they look really nice customized. I saw a relic Shoyru the other day that looked gorgeous. Even if some people don't like the Relic pets, there are gonna be other people who love them and make some really nice looking pets out of it.

They only thing that bothers me is WHY does the little platform the pets are on show up on your userlookup even if it's not on the pet?

ohh alright then. I guess I was getting crystals and gemstones confused. I bet gemstone pets would end up really popular.

The more I look at the Relic pets the more I'm starting to like them. I think they're all drawn really well and they look really nice customized. I saw a relic Shoyru the other day that looked gorgeous. Even if some people don't like the Relic pets, there are gonna be other people who love them and make some really nice looking pets out of it.

They only thing that bothers me is WHY does the little platform the pets are on show up on your userlookup even if it's not on the pet?

I think I'd prefer gemstone to crystal.I'm a sucker for color AND glittery. :laughingsmiley: I don't think the Relic pets are absolutely amazing, but I do like them. They have a very elegant look to them, that the stone never had. I also think the platform is cool. I'm sure they would look very nice when customized. I'm going to have to do some searching and see what Relic pets I can find.

And as far as I know, the platform is on the pet. It's part of it. It's kind of like a statue base I think. (I'm assuming. I've only seen the Relic pets annouced on pet days, I've never seen an actual Relic pet someone owned.)

Wow. That is really weird. If the base is removed, then it shouldn't be showing up on the lookup. That's so weird.

And I must say, that first Shoryu is absolutely adorable. The artist clothes fits perfectly.

Now that is a much better idea. I would absolutely love that. With the variety of colors, each pet would be different. That's one of the things I enjoy about Camo/Sponge/etc, where each has a different color theme. I'm not a fan of ones that are all the same. (Glowing, Ghost, Gold, Silver)

Yes. :yes: I love this as well. Maybe the colour/type of gemstone you end up with would depend on what colour you were to start. I'm not a fan of all pets from a certain brush looking the exact same either. Give me variety, or give me... monotony? Heh.

Good call on making the crystal into different colour for gemstones. Imagine if we could colour our pets to look like they were carved from certain precious stones... jade, turquoise, rose quartz, or--ooooh, obsidian!

LOL, just now, when I searched for "obsidian wiki" look what comes up! That picture is an EXACT real-life replica of the pieces of shiny obsidian that we collect from the obsidian quarry daily. Or, er... the pieces we collect are an exact representation of this real-life image! A real-life image that isn't really... real-life but... on our computer... (I'm going towards "ceci n'est pas une pipe" here) :eh: wow I must be tired. Anyways!

Hah! Way to go, TNT :laughingsmiley: And Quark, yes... we are definitely adorable. :P

Yes. :yes: I love this as well. Maybe the colour/type of gemstone you end up with would depend on what colour you were to start. I'm not a fan of all pets from a certain brush looking the exact same either. Give me variety, or give me... monotony? Heh.

That's a cool idea, but I'm sure TNT wouldn't want to do that. They'd probably make it more like the Jelly/Sponge, where each species has a pre-set color. Like all Jell Shoyrus are purple, Jelly Kougras are Blue, Kois-Orange, Ixis-Green.

That's a cool idea, but I'm sure TNT wouldn't want to do that. They'd probably make it more like the Jelly/Sponge, where each species has a pre-set color. Like all Jell Shoyrus are purple, Jelly Kougras are Blue, Kois-Orange, Ixis-Green.

Ah, so that's how it works then. Makes sense! Less work for them I guess. This is a really exciting idea though, I'm tempted to circulate a petition and then send it to TNT :P

I appreciate them giving us a new color to replace the stone paintbrush, but I agree that it could have been more artistically done. When I think "relic" I think Indiana-Jones-esque moss-covered statues. That should be included in the paintbrush, not some wearable that will probably be NeoCash... *rants*

You should've added an "Eh, it's ok" option, because that's how I feel.

Relic isn't a bad color, but it certainly isn't the best either. The only problem I would have with it is if you can't put clothing on your pet.