DNS failure

Tyler.

I keep getting a DNS failure everytime I go on neopets

Computer: 2008 Toshiba Laptop

Operating System: Windows Vista

Browser: Google Chrome

Other Browsers available: Internet Explorer

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Reference #11.4f929cd8.1276302472.30fe1c0(number changes every time I refresh)

Things I have tried: Clearing Cookies, Clearing Cache, Clearing history

any help?

While trying out Firefox is a decent recommendation, it's probably not the fix in this situation. Web browsers use your operating system's DNS APIs to resolve the domain names they need to access, so switching browsers won't do anything to help if it's your DNS that's at fault (if this problem continues intermittently, then this is probably the case). Instead, you probably want to change your preferred DNS servers to some more reliable ones.

If you're looking for alternative DNS servers, I recommend OpenDNS. :yes: They have a simple setup guide here, although it's not necessary to register for an account to use their services.

Well there's your problem, YOU'RE USING VISTA. xD

I don't know If DNS errors are something that vista does, but maybe it's worth looking into?

XP/7 ftw

Well there's you're problem, YOU'RE USING VISTA. xD

I don't know If DNS errors are something that vista does, but maybe it's worth looking into?

XP/7 ftw

...Nope. It has nothing to do with your OS.

Btw - I'm using Vista. ;)

• 10 months later...

I also have DNS failure on petpet park. my cousin told me to always pick the server "pinixy",I clicked Pinixy, but moments later , there was a DNS failure. please help

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not post on topics that have been inactive for more than three weeks.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.