wireless connection help

Tyler.

so, my wireless router has failed. It was working fine for quite a while, but now all of a sudden it stopped working. Now I have to use my crappy living room computer. Any help?

First of all, I need to know the name of your wireless router and also your settings for it. There have been instances in the past where settings have been wiped thanks to updates. I also need to know the computer brand. Then we'll go from there.

Indeed, router brand and model are pretty much essential for any meaningful troubleshooting, so provide us with those and we can get started. ;)

We'll also probably need a little more information on the nature of the problem. What do you mean by 'stopped working'? Does the router no longer turn on? Or can you no longer establish a wireless link to it? Or can you connect to it, but not get a working internet connection through it?

actually, I just rebooted the router and now it works fine, so yay! :P

keep topic open just in case there are future difficulties

Ah routers, they're such fickle machines at time. I was actually wondering whether to ask if yours had been struck by lighting. xD

I feel awful when it comes to routers. When I got my first router, I bought the replacement plan at Staples... So, when updates or anything else causes the router to not work properly, I just bring it in and get a new one instead of fooling around with it! I feel so lazy, lol!