Neopets toolbar not compatible on Firefox 2.0? Solved!

Guest DX's Birfday! - 7 Nov&#3

Guest DX's Birfday! - 7 Nov&#3

Q: Um, I use Firefox 2.0 and it's not compatible yet! What shall I do?

What you can do is open the configuration (about:config) in your Firefox browser, right click the list and create a boolean extensions.checkCompatibility option there. Set its value to false and restart the browser. All done!

This will apply to all incompatible add-ons you have, not only the NT.

Q: Um, I use Firefox 2.0 and it's not compatible yet! What shall I do?

What you can do is open the configuration (about:config) in your Firefox browser, right click the list and create a boolean extensions.checkCompatibility option there. Set its value to false and restart the browser. All done!

This will apply to all incompatible add-ons you have, not only the NT.

How do you open the configuration?

Guest Merry HBK Xmas!

Ok, I tried FF v2 and it SUCKS!

I am glad Mozilla still offers V1.5.

DON'T GET V2!

If you already have it, get rid of it and download V1.5

Stay with yours, 'cos I'll stay with mine. Firefox 2.0 is a great improvement.

If you don't like the new GUI (which I think is really cool), Firefox has the old theme available for download. GET V2, it has lots of additional security features. It's like upgrading from IE 6 to 7. IE7 is much better than IE 6, but Firefox will always pwn all.

"Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until April 24, 2007. All users are strongly encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2." - You have a countdown to change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Help! I tried everything you said I restarted my browser(I even restarted my pc) but the Neopets toolbar dosnt show up! can you help me? Oh and do I have to download the neopets toolbar before following the steps or do I have to do the steps then download the neopets toolbar?

Help! I tried everything you said I restarted my browser(I even restarted my pc) but the Neopets toolbar dosnt show up! can you help me? Oh and do I have to download the neopets toolbar before following the steps or do I have to do the steps then download the neopets toolbar?

That shouldn't matter. Once its downloaded, and installed, it should appear under View -> Toolbars.

TDN supports firefox. :) (Not just because we get money for advertising them, oh no).

It's a much better browser than IE, with very few viruses found that can get into it; it should load faster, and it's generally just a more secure, safer option. www.getfirefox.com . If you have it, upgrade to Firefox 2; it's even more safe, and has patches etc that are necessary. And, to be honest, I think it has a nicer GUI; but there we go, more themes are downloadble.

Oh, and what's your source for this, HBK? I know you're not a coder, and I'd like to add this to the site, but we need a source ;)

That shouldn't matter. Once its downloaded, and installed, it should appear under View -> Toolbars.

I tried that I cant find it

Guest Merry HBK Xmas!

TDN supports firefox. :) (Not just because we get money for advertising them, oh no).

It's a much better browser than IE, with very few viruses found that can get into it; it should load faster, and it's generally just a more secure, safer option. www.getfirefox.com . If you have it, upgrade to Firefox 2; it's even more safe, and has patches etc that are necessary. And, to be honest, I think it has a nicer GUI; but there we go, more themes are downloadble.

Oh, and what's your source for this, HBK? I know you're not a coder, and I'd like to add this to the site, but we need a source ;)

Contact me please, I will give all details.

Oh, and for those whose toolbar doesn't appear, you've got to install 1.5, install the toolbar, uninstall 1.5, install 2.0, do the steps above and it should work.