The Daily Neopets' Altador Cup Coverage!

Guest Barney Stinson

Guest Barney Stinson

The Daily Neopets is proud to present the launch of our Altador Cup V Coverage!

It features a cleaner layout (with a smooth top navigation), completely redone Global Predictions that are much easier to read and have the possibility of expanding and compressing for quick navigation, new counter styles (more to come), and team songs! Each team has a song representing it. To download it, simply navigate to any team page, and click the 'AC V Song' button. Remember that these songs are intended for entertainment/parody use only.

tdn-ac.png

Click me to go to the coverage!

We hope you enjoy our new updates and check back frequently as more will be added soon!

And because awesome things never come alone, we ALSO have BlackJaguar here to give us his coverage! BJ, how are things developing in Altador as teams arrive for the preparation matches?

"HBK, I took a break from selling squidballs to bring the latest news from inside the dugouts. It's been 11 months since the last Altador Cup and teams have been analyzing how to improve their game plays. Some teams stick to their line up while others decided it's time for a change.

To start off, the Brightvale Wizards removed Erli Quinnock as their goalkeeper and returned Orie Dinelle to guard the net. They believe that despite Erli's consistent stamina, he was too slow to catch the Yooyuballs so they recruited back the much faster Orie in the hopes of stopping those goals.

On the other hand, the Haunted Wood Zombies have now parted with their Centre Defender Autrey Fulse. Team Captain Krell Vitor said that Autrey's blocking instincts are quite "dead" and they need someone who will "think" for the best of the team. Their new recruit, "Brains" Mortigan was recruited from PVZ three months ago.

We decided to hire "Brains" Mortigan because he had a lot of experience catching peas and watermelons in PVZ. He is tough and he gets quite vicious when he is hungry and in need of brains!" said Team Captain Krell Vitor.

Across the ocean, Garven Hale was promoted team captain for the Krawk Island Pirates. Though "Dasher" Soley's retirement was cut short when his successor got injured in a practice game with the Jelly Team. Being last year's champion, Dasher can't simply leave the team vulnerable so he decided to play for one last year.

The biggest roster change comes when the Tyrannian Fossils and Terror Mountain Chillers traded Evrem Guilako and Elbin Kroe for each other. I asked their feelings about the trade and this is what both players said.

"I'm quite happy with the trade" said Evrem Guilako. "I love Slushies and this place is overflowing with them!"

"I have a hard time adjusting to this hot climate" complained Elbin Kroe. "And they use this weird Ugga sign language for their plays so I'm still at a lost."

Fans of both teams are quite worried that this might affect the Fossils dominance in Slushie Slinger and the Chillers quick ball steals and plays.

The kick off is just around the corner, will these changes show improvement or disappointment for the teams? Watch out! This is BlackJaguar for The Daily Neopets Altador Cup V coverage, signing out..."

Certainly quite some rosters changes that might influence a teams performance on the field. We'll see soon enough how they turn out.

Let the games begin!

This years coverage is even better than last years. :P And yes, this is the second time I have said that.

(This years Cup is gonna rule...)

EDIT: Wow, the team pages rock! :D

Guest Barney Stinson

Glad you guys like the coverage. 11 hours paid off working today to get all that up. xD

i LOVE the black jaguar coverage!! cant wait to play AC! its 4am and im studying.. hence the over use of !! im high on coffee :P

Thank you... Glad you like it... wait until the NEW RECRUITS show their stuff! ^_^

Glad you guys like the coverage. 11 hours paid off working today to get all that up. xD

I went to sleep you are already working, I woke up and you're still working! oh hail HBK! hahahaha!

As a DCer, may I make a suggestion?

You have it all right until you get to our SS skill. I don't mean to downtalk my own team but I just want to make sure your info is correct when I say we're not good in SS. Below average if anything... o.o

Guest Barney Stinson

As a DCer, may I make a suggestion?

You have it all right until you get to our SS skill. I don't mean to downtalk my own team but I just want to make sure your info is correct when I say we're not good in SS. Below average if anything... o.o

It wasn't a wildcard thrown in the air, I doubled checked this and based on AC IV stats, you guys got enough points in SS to qualify for a Good rating.

Awesome and exciting coverage as always. :D This is why I joined the TDN community in the first place. :)

Although our chances of taking home the cup are low, Mystery Island will continue to play fair and strong! *party*

urmmm, just a quick question; if the signups have started, does that mean I'm too late to claim prizes from last year's prize shop now...?

I am real excited. The coverage is awesome! :laughingsmiley:

I won 11-0 with the practice team. I still have touch, now have to wait for the AC to start.

urmmm, just a quick question; if the signups have started, does that mean I'm too late to claim prizes from last year's prize shop now...?

Sorry to say, but the answer is yes. I think the prize shop was to close on the 20th of May.

BTW Is there anywhere to know the name of the team songs?

If I recall correctly, it's fairly traditional to set up a guessing topic for that at some point during the cup. :yes:

Guest Barney Stinson

If I recall correctly, it's fairly traditional to set up a guessing topic for that at some point during the cup. :yes:

Yes, create a topic and start guessing. :P

http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/20235-team-songs/

^ This year's official guessing topic is up it seems. :yes:

Curses BJ! Now you've got that song stuck in my head! And I haven't even downloaded it yet! :P

Curses BJ! Now you've got that song stuck in my head! And I haven't even downloaded it yet! :P

Download it... I even set it as my ring tone in my mobile phone! hahaha! GO KUNG FU FIGHTING!!! hahahaha!

EDIT: I wonder, does anyone figured out what PVZ means in the news? hahaha!

EDIT: I wonder, does anyone figured out what PVZ means in the news? hahaha!

For those that haven't, the slightly different acronym 'PvZ' might be enough to jog your memories. ;)

BJ humour = awesome! :laughingsmiley: