Iron Man 2

CAV of Gang Green

WARNING! THIS REVIEW MAY HAVE BRIEF SPOILERS, BUT NOT ENOUGH FOR ME TO PUT THE SPOILER TAGS.

iron-man-2-poster.jpg

After the success of Iron Man, we couldn't wait for a sequel, and we got one. Iron Man 2 is a Paramount and Marvel Studios (which unfortunately belongs to Disney) film starring Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark, the film's main protaganist. It also stars Mickey Rourke as Whiplash, the main villian in this superhero film.

This film is the flagship for the summer blockbusters, because it's the most aticipated of them, and it's the first in line. Many people ride on the biggest summer blockbuster to judge the entire summer, and considering Revenge of the Fallen's "dissipointment" (I liked it), many people hated last year. Let me stop rambling and get on with the review.

This is the biggest film comming out this year that's NOT in 3D, and even without 3D, the visuals make it all seem real, even though half the film is special effects. And whomever did the costumes did very well, especially on War Machine and Whiplash.

This film is very funny, more so than most comedy films out there, and it's not even the main objective of the film. Robert Downey Jr will make you laugh out loud in your seat. While the first Iron Man was funny, the second is more so to the point that it sometimes feels like a comedy instead of an action. So look foward to that.

Some people (like me) complained that the first didn't have enough action, well, Iron Man 2 makes up for that by being filled to the rim with explosions and action, especially the ending, which I easily can't spoil. There's also new weapons, mainly in War Machine.

But while there's more action, something has to be taken out, and in this case it's some of the storytelling. The story was more explained in the first Iron Man, while the second made you feel as though the story was in the background instead of being the main focus like it was in Iron Man. Not saying that the story was completely missing, but at some points it strayed away from it.

Another problem I had is that they didn't use Whiplash much. He's the main villian of the film and he only really fights in the middle of the film. Afterwards he was mostly just sitting around not doing much (can't say more due to spoilers), and then he finally fights again, but only for a few minutes. Rourke was a good actor in this film, which makes you wish he was there more. War Machine wasn't around much either, not until the end at least.

Overall, Iron Man 2 is still a great time. In some places it's better than the first, and in others it's not. DO NOT listen to Metacritic's rating of the film. Rather, see it for yourself, and you be the judge. To me, I think it's better than the first, but a lot of people think different, and you might too. But it's still a blast!

Iron Man 2 gets a 9.0/10

• 5 weeks later...

that movie is really cool since i have see the first one i am waiting for this one and to be honest this movie don't disappointed me. actually is a very entertained movie, and it has more action and more and more of everything the visual effects look's great and Robert Downey Jr. is absolutely magnificent is a very good actor in general is a very good movie very entertained and funny whit great special effects. a very cool movie one of the best superheros movies you cant lose that film, is a wonderful movie, the director made a great work in this film, Jon favreau make a movie that can be better than the fist one iron man

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not post on topics that have been inactive for more than three weeks.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.