Taste in Music

frivolouschaos

I like pretty much all types of rock. But I'm really bad at just listening to my itunes and the songs that I know inside out.

Feel free to recommend bands of similar genre =D

My favourite band of all time is Good Charlotte (loved them since I was 10 years). Insult them and die xD

I love the Goo Goo Dolls, Linkin Park, Green Day, KoRn, Three Days Grace, Blink182, System of a Down, MCR, Red Hot Chili Peppers, New Found Glory, Story of the Year, Foo Fighters, Billy Talent, Finger Eleven.... I think you guys get the idea =D

I love New Zealand rock bands too. (Give them a listen if you can find them: Blindspott, Shihad, Elemeno P, Goodnight Nurse, The Dance Exponents, The Feelers, OpShop, 48 May)

I dislike most rap, hip hop and R&B.

Country and Rap music seems to be seriously underrated.

Rap is the LAST underrated thing. Country is one thing, but everybody I know is obssessed with Rap (mainly Eminem and 50 Cent). It's all I ever hear in my school, and it makes me sick.

This could be long... I like a lot of different kinds, except for rap and hip-hop. I'm a sucker for anything with good violin/fiddle, because I'm a violinist/fiddler. I like some country because I love fiddle, but whiney voices and a lot of country songs drive me nuts. I also hate Nichelback. Their songs all sound the same. I also hate Pachebel's Canon in D with a passion (it's a string player thing) and subsequently all the other songs that use the same chord progression - Believe me, it's more widespread than most people think. (

)

Rock/Pop/Alt/Punk/etc. (a lot from the 90s):

Lifehouse, Goo Goo Dolls, Jars of Clay, Flogging Molly, Weezer, Switchfoot, Sister Hazel, Foo Fighters, Chevelle, Better Than Ezra, Relient K, Chris Rice, Apocalyptica, Three Doors Down, Matchbox 20, Dave Matthews Band, The Format, Michael Buble, Gin Blossoms, Shawn Johnson and the Foundation, Third Eye Blind, No Doubt's old stuff, Cake

Older Stuff:

Jim Croce, Don McLean, The Monkees, Joni Mitchell

Composers:

Dvorak, Beethoven, Satie, Berlioz, Ravel, Gershwin, Copland

Jazz/Blues/Swing:

Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Dizzy Gillespie, Miles Davis

Soundtracks/Movie Composers:

Pirates of the Caribbean, Hero, The Village, Sherlock Holmes, Muppet Treasure Island, No Reservations

Country/Bluegrass:

Allison Krauss and the Union Station, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Nickel Creek

Irish/Celtic:

The Chieftains, The Dubliners, Lunasa, Sean Keane, Ciaran Tourish, The New Dubliners

I like some Gogol Bordello (I noticed someone else mentioned them) because the violin is freaking awesome. I like the Decemberists too (I saw someone else mention that as well). Also some of The Shins and The Pixies (I think I saw those too).

Violinists:

Itzhak Perlman, Jascha Heifetz, Issac Stern, Arthur Grumiaux and Rachel Podger for Bach, Pinchas Zuckerman, Gil Shaham, Mark O'Connor (he's a fiddler)

and......... BARRAGE!

uh, sorry that's so long. :laughingsmiley: I laugh when my iPod or iTunes is on shuffle because there are crazy combinations sometimes.

Country and Rap music seems to be seriously underrated.

Sorry to think otherwise, but you have to admit that Techno and Trance are the MORE underrated lolz! I live in a country where all I HEAR is country music...*shudders* then the people that don't like country, they like pop, rap, and metal more. I'm one of the few lucky ones that just can't get enough of Techno and Trance and prefer it WAY more than country any day ^_^

You can just read this whole thread and notice not many techno/trance lovers around =P I could say DJ Splash or Scooter and probs not a lot of people wouldn't know who I'm talking about xD

Sorry to think otherwise, but you have to admit that Techno and Trance are the MORE underrated lolz! I live in a country where all I HEAR is country music...*shudders* then the people that don't like country, they like pop, rap, and metal more. I'm one of the few lucky ones that just can't get enough of Techno and Trance and prefer it WAY more than country any day ^_^

You can just read this whole thread and notice not many techno/trance lovers around =P I could say DJ Splash or Scooter and probs not a lot of people wouldn't know who I'm talking about xD

In Dunedin, NZ its quite popular, especially in nightclubs. I just would prefer music with words, but that's just my opinion.

Oh man, how could I forget Trance music! Maybe it's just the area I live in, but most people don't care for anything other than what's new on the radio, or maybe what's popular in their country. and everyone hates rap. Or likes terrible rap ):

My friend teases me a lot, because my I-pod is filled with "weirdo-music".

A nice chunk of the music in my ipod doesn't have lyrics. Like remixes of video game music some piano stuff...

Does anyone else like listening to video game soundtracks? I especially like 8-bit sounding music.

A nice chunk of the music in my ipod doesn't have lyrics. Like remixes of video game music some piano stuff...

Does anyone else like listening to video game soundtracks? I especially like 8-bit sounding music.

I also love listening to video game music, even some of the 8-bit stuff. Shadowgate had an awesome soundtrack, as did Bionic Commando. I think I listed a bunch of other game soundtracks I love in my earlier post.

I also love listening to video game music, even some of the 8-bit stuff. Shadowgate had an awesome soundtrack, as did Bionic Commando. I think I listed a bunch of other game soundtracks I love in my earlier post.

*raises hand* I can proudly say I have a lot of video game tracks in MY ipod hooray! I have Final Fantasy, Super Mario, Zelda, 8-bit tracks, and lots more ^_^ It's amazing how some no-lyric songs can still be great. *goes to listen to FF9 tracks*

I listen to a lot of different kinds of music, but mostly I like things that fall in the rock/alternative genre that dapples in to pop. I love Eve 6, but I also love tool and slipknot...and bob dylan...and the stuff from Lord of the Rings.

The only stuff that I fairly consistently dislike is Country and Rap/hiphop. I honestly hate the sound of a thickly southern accent, it drives me up a wall. There are two songs that I like that people have argued with me would be considered rap- Sea Lion by Sage Francis (which I'll conceed to) and Amish Paradise by Weird Al (Which is a parody, so it really just doesn't count).

Well, I think I've found my triplets.

@kari! I got to see Deer Tick open for Jenny Lewis last June. They were fantastic! And my brother and his girlfriend are friends with John Darnielle, Peter (Peter) Hughes. Whenever they are touring in the area they hang out after shows and such.

@pedlimwen I love Rilo Kiley, Jenny Lewis, Beirut, DeVotchKa and the Decemberists!

As for music that's not mentioned above: Andrew Bird, Band of Horses, Belle & Sebastian, Ben Gibbard, Blind Pilot, Bon Iver, Bright Eyes (and Conor Oberst's solo stuff), British Sea Power, Colin Meloy, Death Cab (of course), Editors, Elected, Elliott Smith, Extraordinaries, Fleet Foxes, Happy Bullets, Ingrid Michaelson, Iron & Wine, Jenny Owen Youngs, John Vanderslice, Josh Ritter, Joshua Radin, Lavender Diamond, Loch Lomond, M. Ward, Man Man, Matt Costa, Metric, MGMT, Modest Mouse, Morrissey, Nana Grizol, The National, Neko Case, Neutral Milk Hotel, New Po*nographers, Okkervil River, Pomplamoose, Postal Service, She & Him, The Smiths (mo' Moz, please!), Sons and Daughters, Spoon, Steel Train, Tarkio, Tilly and the Wall, Tokyo Police Club, Vampire Weekend, Wilco, Yelle

Um...wow. That list wasn't supposed to get that big, but as I scrolled through my zune software I realized I needed to name them each. If you two haven't heard of any of the above check them out, you'll love them!

Hm, when I look at my playlist, I see about 50% Metal (Metallica, Savatage, Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Rhapsody ect.), 25% Rock (from the last 4 decades), 12,5% Pop(from the last 4 decades) and 12,5% Folk/Alternative (i.e. Omnia, Irish Folk, Mike Oldfield, Medieval Music)

• 3 weeks later...

I keep reading this and say to myself "how could I have forgotten about that"

I agree that country is underrated here. Although I dislike most country, some artists such as Rascal Flatts and Lady Antebellum are very good

• 2 months later...

hello.

I usually country music.

Hii, When go to sleep i often listen. Don't people as mine.

now, i am playing a song : "Proud of You"

that's love forever. :graduated:

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't bump topics that are over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.