Pound surfing - what are your best catches?

kari!

What are the coolest pets you've managed to snag from the pound? And for that matter, what are the coolest pets you've seen in the pound?

I've been doing some 3AM pound surfing on my side account to try accumulate some lab rats, and have found the following gems:

2.png2.png2.png

Taoslo the Orange Koi

Zelantrio the Cloud JubJub

Sneechiz the Christmas Lenny

I also found my current lab rat Gravedigging in the pound and I was super ecstatic about his name!

As for the coolest pets I've seen- recently I saw a pink Poogle and a mutant Bruce, I tried to adopt both but my horribly slow reflexes failed me ;(

I have seen many many MANY Christmas pets. I have also seen a mutant Korbat and a couple of Split pets. Nothing that I really wanted though, considering the Christmas ones were kind of ugly and mutant Korbats was SUPER ugly.

I've actually adopted a Shadow Kacheek and Skunk Shoyru. But I've seen a Snow Buzz, Robot Gelert, and that's all I can think of at the moment. It's been awhile. But split and christmas pets are pretty common to find in there. Also a good amount of checkered.

Oooooohhhh...Checkered? Nice! I was just looking in the pound and I saw a Flotsam. It was brown and had a red nose so I thought it was Chocolate! I mean, it was brown and it looked like a cherry nose. Then my dreams were dashed when I saw she was Christmas. You can check her out if she is still there. Her name is _ashley_ashley .

Oh the pound <3

I've seen many of robot pets, purple - pink - orange pets etc.

But I've caught a zombie peophin, sponge moehog, desert wocky, (all have been in the adoption thread) and a Halloween Gnorbu named Gnorby_Nick (who I still have) :D

I tend to be the one sending these pets out with my uber lab ray - glad your enjoying them! :D I often send out spilt and shadow pets, I don't know why they seem more common from the lab ray... Got a sketch shoryu (WN) if anybody wants him? (PM me)

I can't believe people are bothered to do this...

You can't believe people are bothered to... adopt pets from the pound? Yeah, uh... that's totally crazy?

It baffles me that people spend days upon days playing a game to get its avatar, but I don't go into all of the game avatar posts and say, "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE BOTHERED TO DO THIS!" 'Cause um, that's crossing into rude and unnecessary territory.

Some people like to adopt pets from the pound- I adopt all of mine. It's just what I like to do. If you've got a problem with it, like... move along. If you don't want to positively contribute to a discussion, then maybe you should consider not bothering to post in that topic.

I can't believe people are bothered to do this...

I have found some of my favorite pets in the pound. I found a thornberry, a maraquan blumaroo, a robot lenny which i then found clothes for, and a fire quiggle just to name a few. I understand you might not see the point but there is almost rude to post something like that here.

You can't believe people are bothered to... adopt pets from the pound? Yeah, uh... that's totally crazy?

It baffles me that people spend days upon days playing a game to get its avatar, but I don't go into all of the game avatar posts and say, "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE BOTHERED TO DO THIS!" 'Cause um, that's crossing into rude and unnecessary territory.

Some people like to adopt pets from the pound- I adopt all of mine. It's just what I like to do. If you've got a problem with it, like... move along. If you don't want to positively contribute to a discussion, then maybe you should consider not bothering to post in that topic.

What did you read? You clearly stated "pound surfing" which, by my understanding, means "to refresh the pound page over and over again in an attempt to adopt a pet the user feels looks nice". Personally I find it "crazy" to do that. Playing the games for avatars at least gives some form of entertainment. Refreshing a page over and over again is just "crazy" to me.

What do you find "rude and unnecessary"? People expressing their opinion over a matter on a forum? Um, isn't that part of what it's for? If you have a problem with what I'm posting, just move on, as you said. I do want to positively contribute to a discussion, but there isn't anything positive for me to contribute upon in this topic, so I just left my honest opinion. If you have problems with that, just... move on.

I do want to positively contribute to a discussion, but there isn't anything positive for me to contribute upon in this topic, so I just left my honest opinion.

I think more the problem is the way you went about contributing to the conversation. What you said was more offensive then along the lines of the topic. It is a pound catch topic so if you don't participate in pound catches maybe not saying anything is best. :offtopic:

I found a chomby with a great name the other day... I pounded him because it was cybunny day and i wanted one. But I realized i had to many pets and no where to put them so I created the bunny on a side so i pounded for no reason. :crying_blow:

What did you read? You clearly stated "pound surfing" which, by my understanding, means "to refresh the pound page over and over again in an attempt to adopt a pet the user feels looks nice". Personally I find it "crazy" to do that. Playing the games for avatars at least gives some form of entertainment. Refreshing a page over and over again is just "crazy" to me.

What do you find "rude and unnecessary"? People expressing their opinion over a matter on a forum? Um, isn't that part of what it's for? If you have a problem with what I'm posting, just move on, as you said. I do want to positively contribute to a discussion, but there isn't anything positive for me to contribute upon in this topic, so I just left my honest opinion. If you have problems with that, just... move on.

Dude, you can calm down now. Expressing your opinion over a forum is totally fine by my books. The problem is that you are being quite condescending to me and everyone else in this board by saying, "I can't believe people are bothered to do this..." like you are somehow cooler than us because instead of refreshing at the pound you hit arrow keys on your keyboard all day long. Yeah, to me... not really a big difference there.

I don't find playing a game a billion times to be entertaining, and I like finding awesome pets in the pound. It comes down to the fact that people have different ideas of what is entertaining. People play Neopets for different reasons! I don't judge 'em for it, and frankly neither should you. And... of course you have a right to state your opinion, but when what you're saying seems less like an opinion and more like a patronizing insult, maybe you should really re-think what you're typing. You could've got the same idea across in a much friendlier way- "Oh, I don't participate in pound surfing. I've never found it to be worth my time." and no one would've said anything! That's all I'm sayin'.

Btw, someone in my guild caught a Maraquan Lupe today. I am infinitely jealous.