Festival of Neggs: Quest #4 Steps

hrtbrk

I'm not sure. I've probably found him 10 times, but I don't know if he's on every page or not.

Once you find him the first time, is he definitely on the page after that (without having to hit keep looking) and so on, until you've found him 5 times?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was an amazing quest! I think my faith in TNT has been restored!!! Daily Dare was also for the most part good, so TNT is doing awesome in Y12! :laughingsmiley:

Really? Are you serious? I think this is the most ridiculous quest ever, only surpassed by the idiotic Moltara worms that take a million years to be all found, but that's not really a quest.

I've now been clicking twenty minutes to find the stupid glowing slymook and still haven't found it. It's completely pointless, doesn't require any logical thinking, you don't have to be good at something, you don't need to be able to figure something out. It's just random pointless clicking and refreshing. It's not a quest, it's a 'advertisers, look how many pageviews we get'-mechanism, that's all there is to it.

Any quest that includes randomness is per definition bad.

he's hard to spot but it's there, just not on every page, I noticed when he appears somewhere the image kinda "blink" and in some case even change.

(when he appears in the 3 toombstones area the fog gets ticker there)so if you refresh and the image don't move at all he's probably not there.

I think you need to use keep looking as I try the refresh on my browser and ended up habing to find him 8 times -_-

Really? Are you serious? I think this is the most ridiculous quest ever, only surpassed by the idiotic Moltara worms that take a million years to be all found, but that's not really a quest.I've now been clicking twenty minutes to find the stupid glowing slymook and still haven't found it. It's completely pointless, doesn't require any logical thinking, you don't have to be good at something, you don't need to be able to figure something out. It's just random pointless clicking and refreshing. It's not a quest, it's a 'advertisers, look how many pageviews we get'-mechanism, that's all there is to it.Any quest that includes randomness is per definition bad.

Lol. I agree with you about the Moltara worms, I gave up before I ever complete it once. But this quest isn't so bad, it's pretty challenging and I quite enjoyed doing it happy.gif

It's not that hard like you mentioned, you just need to know the right steps. Some people have taken the time to upload the screenshots regarding the possible locations of the pet. Use that as a guide. You don't have to look everywhere but just check at the different possible locations. You would see it if it's there. Use to screenshots to know what it will look like if the pet is there. On most locations, it's quite easy to spot if the pet shows up.

If it isn't there, then click on "Keep looking" button to refresh. Make sure you only click on the map if you are certain that it's there so that your counts won't be reset. Just continue to click on the "Keep looking" button until you can spot one. It didn't take long for me, I'm sure it will go the same for you guys!

Also, for myself, I zoom in the window to help me see better. Maybe you can try that. But remember, once you spot the pet, zoom out back to the original size BEFORE you click on it. If not, you won't be able to catch it and your counts will be reset. You can tell if you manage to catch the pet from the caption. Good luck! smile_anim.gif

All quests are pretty much like that though (look at a guide and screenshots)... and some randomness has to be involved so people don't just stumble across it by mistake (the haunted woods is a often viewed page compared to some...). Its no plot, as a plot would involve much more story lines, puzzles, etc. I just think, for a little side quest during an easter event, they've got it spot on! Give praise where praise is do, and maybe they'll release this is some part of what we want - and give it in the next plot!

Really? Are you serious? I think this is the most ridiculous quest ever, only surpassed by the idiotic Moltara worms that take a million years to be all found, but that's not really a quest.

I've now been clicking twenty minutes to find the stupid glowing slymook and still haven't found it. It's completely pointless, doesn't require any logical thinking, you don't have to be good at something, you don't need to be able to figure something out. It's just random pointless clicking and refreshing. It's not a quest, it's a 'advertisers, look how many pageviews we get'-mechanism, that's all there is to it.

Any quest that includes randomness is per definition bad.

The only aspect of the worms that is random is the unique five-minute intervals they pop up at for each user. If that's terrible, then so is the Temple of 1000 Tombs from LDP, among so many other things from past plots, I can't even begin to count.

Just because it isn't a "true" puzzle doesn't mean it isn't fun, but that's just my opinion. :/

This is kind of ridiculous! Finding the slymook I mean. I've been at it for twelve minutes, and have found him twice. Please tell me I'm not the only one having this problem? 8D

Nevermind! I got it! To help you guys;

http://www.neopets.com/~kskkoo

^ Use that page. Refreshing the map resets the count of how many times you've found the slymook! So right click the image and press open in new window (or tab, haha doesn't matter) the url will say something like map_00. If it's a double zero, press "keep looking" because it is NOT on the map! If the url says map_01, map_12, ect it IS on the map!

Edited by Bree ;3

It's not that hard like you mentioned, you just need to know the right steps. Some people have taken the time to upload the screenshots regarding the possible locations of the pet. Use that as a guide. You don't have to look everywhere but just check at the different possible locations. You would see it if it's there. Use to screenshots to know what it will look like if the pet is there. On most locations, it's quite easy to spot if the pet shows up.

I'm not even at that part yet, THAT is the problem.

I've been trying to catch the Slymook. I almost caught 8 of them. They all got away. I wonder if this quest is even worth doing anymore. What is the trick to catching them and not having them get away.

You only have to catch 5. Just make sure you refresh not by using the refresh button and not by clicking random spots on the map, but by clicking the button below the map!

I'll try that.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at least 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

It worked. I finally got through that part.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Haha! Wow, it really isn't as hard as I thought... As mentioned above - it only resets your counter if you refresh the page, or click in the wrong place. If you click "Keep looking" at the bottom it doesn't reset - so make sure you use that. Also, use a site like jellyneo (I'm sorry, I'm not sure if we've got one of these guides up...) to show you all the possible places that little scamp could be - http://www.jellyneo.net/images/guides/festivalofneggs10_slymookmap.png

He's also bigger than you'd think (if you've not seen him yet), but still easy to miss... Just keep going - its designed to be tough!

Okay, so I am totally lost on the second part of the 4th Quest.

PLEASE HELP

I FINALLY GOT PAST PART TWO

Please keep your posts at least 7 words long.

Ok... for whoever keeps geting past part 4.2... HOW ARE YOU DOING IT??? Cause I'm refreshing the crap outta the paintbrush page and nothing is coming up for me. If you could maybe explain what you did....... halp.

Ok... for whoever keeps geting past part 4.2... HOW ARE YOU DOING IT??? Cause I'm refreshing the crap outta the paintbrush page and nothing is coming up for me. If you could maybe explain what you did....... halp.

I am honestly not sure how I did it. I kept going to each place in HW and refreshing HW costumes and eventually it worked

I can't get this quest to work! I've been trying for 2 days now, but can't get passed part 2! HELP!

Nevermind! Whoever said that you need to visit ever place in HW was right! I did that and then when to the PB and tada! The rest was easy after that. So thank you!

could someone please tell me how to do the 4.2 part i'm not getting it...

Seems when you get to the map, the clue is a small "puff" of white "fog" that surrounds a small speck of green. If it is hiding in the towers (also green) you will see an image.

Someone posted a good link to a page where they show where the slymook could hide:

http://www.neopets.com/~kskkoo

Note that he also shows up in the second tower top as well. You actually see a little "picture". Elsewhere, It was the ground fog or the green speck that alerted me to the slymook. I would only click if I saw the green spot and I would click on the green spot. If I didn't see him, I would click "keep looking".

I only had to find him "5 times in a row" to get my clue.

GDF

I am thinking some people may not realize that the first part you need to look thru the actual Haunted Woods portion of the site till something gives you the map, much as the egg hunt was earlier.

Once you get the link to the map, you go to the map and look for the slymook 5 times in a row.

Sometimes the clues as written up are not as "clear" to some folks as they could be. You hunt for him once in the Haunted Woods, and someone gives a "you just missed him, but here is a map" kind of message and then you look for him on the map and click on him 5 times in a row. If it says something like "what, there's no slymook here" you are starting from 1 again.

GDF

Some info on for those who are getting frustrated when hunting on the haunted woods map for the Slymook. I took a look using the earlier mention that if you right click on the map and pull up the properties, if it said map_00 in the code the Slymook wouldn't be there, but if the image properties said any other number the Slymook would be on the map. After doing a little more checking I managed to figure out that the map_xx tells you where the Slymook is at. So far I have managed to confirm these pairings through trial and error. So as to not spoil it for those who want to figure this out on their own, if you want to see the list highlight the next section of text.

If the image properties says:

map_01 - Under the gate at the bottom left of the map

map_02 - He will be by the masks on the right bottom part of the map

map_03 - The steps of the brown and red house on the bottom right hand of the map

map_04 - He will be by the trio of gravestones bottom center of the map

map_05 - In the bushes to the left of the gravestones

map_06 - Under the easel that the aisha is painting on

map_07 - By Magax (the wocky from the magax the destroy game)

map_08 - Just inside Edna's Castle

map_09 - the left spire of Edna's Castle

map_10 - By Fetch game blumaroo near the brain tree

map_11 - Just to the right of the tree with the meepit hiding inside

map_12 - On the roof of the house in the center of the map

map_13 - Under the gypsy wagon center right of the map

map_14 - by the carnival enterance

map_15 - right above the enterance to the battle dome

map_16 and map_17 are the location behind the brain tree, and the one on top of the battledome, though I dont know which is which yet

As I can figure out the rest of the pairings I will add them to the list

I have visited all the places in the Haunted Woods, and the Deserted Carnival, over and over and over, and I keep getting nothing! Nothing nothing nothinjg! ARGH!

EDIT: I finally.........finally got it. Lots of clicking and there it was - under Halloween Costumes. After that it was pretty easy. But MAN it took a long time to get past 4.2!

If anyone still hasn't got past part 2 yet, go to every part of the haunted woods, all the games and towns and everything, go to one, and refresh the page, then the next and refresh, refresh at every single place in HW, then go back to the Paintbrush place, doing that worked 1st try for me when I came back to the Paintbrushes