• Other Unmentioned... Please Specify in Post
  3. 3. What's your Favourite/Most Attractive Aspect of Glee

• The Show's Concept
    • The Music
    • The Comedy
    • All of it!
    • Something Else - Please Specify in Post

glee_logo.jpg

This is the Glee appreciation thread. I must admit, I guess I could call it my favourite show *pushes Simpsons aside* I barely watch that any more anyway.

I just love the concept of it all, though the not-child-friendly scenes aren't needed in my opinion. I'd also like to be in Series 3 if possible, can't Audition for Season 2, not old enough :P So yeah, Glee!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XKtwOBk8wrc

^ I'm currently obsessed with this ^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy6QeJOOdKQ

^ And that ^ ^_^

Love this show, but I really hope they get rolling with the storyline because it's basically the same thing each episode. And of course, Jessalyn. She annoyed me greatly on Nip/Tuck and bugs me on this show too. At least Ryan gave her a bad role so not many others like her either :D

I just love the concept of it all, though the not-child-friendly scenes aren't needed in my opinion.

Of course there's going to be adult humor and topics in this show as it's base was to be an adult version of HSM. It's not really intended for 'children'. It's rated 14 and above. :worried:

Yes, I'm really enjoying this show. I'm glad it's starting again in April but it's been a long wait. I really like how they adapt the songs into the show; it makes it really entertaining. I agree with heart/break in that I hope they stop using overly dramatic plot lines to drive the show (Quinn's pregnancy). However, I do like Jessalyn as an actress. I really liked how she played her role in Heroes.

I loooove Glee and everything about it :D The cast is amazing and as usual, Jane Lynch is absolutely brilliant, she is just hardcore. So obviously Sue is my favourite character in the show. I actually really like the dramatic plot twists. Glee is like a parody of the old soap operas but at the same time it has its own "identity" of lack of a better word. Also, it's really, really funny :laughingsmiley:

Jessalyn Gilsig is the character everyone loves to hate and she plays it well. She makes me shake my fist in her general direction so I think she serves her purpose in Glee.

I hate Glee. It's just another High School Musical, and I DISPISE High School Musical.

I'll have to disagree on that. It may be the same general theme but the two are so different. While they both deal with teen issues, Glee doesn't preach morals like High School Musical does (don't ask my why I even watched it, I'd like those couple of hours of my life back). And Glee is funny, not sugary sweet to the point of nausea and you don't know if everything will be okay in the end.

But it's cool if you don't like it ;)

the musical part.

There it is. They are both musicals, in which they get people that can't sing to get their 15 minutes of fame. This is mostly to HSM, or anything Disney for that matter.

There it is. They are both musicals, in which they get people that can't sing to get their 15 minutes of fame. This is mostly to HSM, or anything Disney for that matter.

... Huh? :eh: Majority of the cast was already famous prior to Glee. Some came from film, some came from television (or both) and some came straight from Broadway.

Here are some shows that the cast has been apart of: Heroes, Ugly Betty, Pushing Daisies, Two and A Half Men, Dawson's Creek, Desperate Housewives, Nip/Tuck, Friday Night Lights, How I Met Your Moth... Do I need to go on? lol

And again, majority of them come from singing backgrounds (Mark has his own band, Lea is from Spring Awakening on Broadway, Matthew used to be in a band as well as was in Footloose, Rocky Horror Show, Hairspray, The Light In The Piazza, and most recently South Pacific - all on Broadway, Jenna Ushkowitz has been in Les Miserable, Ragtime, and Spring Awakening - again, all on Broadway, Jane Lynch just wrapped up her Off-Broadway stint, Kevin McHale was in a boy band, the list goes on).

It's fine if you don't like musicals or think they can't sing (I understand it was mostly directed to HSM - and I agree with you about the HSM cast), but at least know some of the Glee castsesess background before harping on the show or automatically grouping them with HSM because they're not the same - on so many levels. :P

... Huh? :eh: Majority of the cast was already famous prior to Glee. Some came from film, some came from television (or both) and some came straight from Broadway.

Here are some shows that the cast has been apart of: Heroes, Ugly Betty, Pushing Daisies, Two and A Half Men, Dawson's Creek, Desperate Housewives, Nip/Tuck, Friday Night Lights, How I Met Your Moth... Do I need to go on? lol

And again, majority of them come from singing backgrounds (Mark has his own band, Lea is from Spring Awakening on Broadway, Matthew used to be in a band as well as was in Footloose, Rocky Horror Show, Hairspray, The Light In The Piazza, and most recently South Pacific - all on Broadway, Jenna Ushkowitz has been in Les Miserable, Ragtime, and Spring Awakening - again, all on Broadway, Jane Lynch just wrapped up her Off-Broadway stint, Kevin McHale was in a boy band, the list goes on).

It's fine if you don't like musicals or think they can't sing (I understand it was mostly directed to HSM - and I agree with you about the HSM cast), but at least know some of the Glee castsesess background before harping on the show or automatically grouping them with HSM because they're not the same - on so many levels. :P

Nicely laid out argument :laughingsmiley: I didn't know anything about their backgrounds. I really like the show, and you can see the talent in those actors.

I've definitely caught myself laughing out loud any times... especially when the football team started dancing *that was my favorite episode*

I sort of have a love/hate thing with Glee. :/

Reasons why I love it:

When it's funny it's REALLY funny.

The music is fantastic.

A couple of the characters really stand out in a great way.

SUE!

Reasons why I hate it:

A lot of the episodes left me saying "meh."

The plot lines whiz by so fast that you don't have time to actually care what happens to the characters. (Though I do admit I felt for Quinn when her parents kicked her out.)

So. I'm stuck with this mixed opinion, but I'll probably still watch. xD

Rofl, there's way too many people talking about this. I have this friend who's seriously obsessed and she talked for like an hour non-stop about the show, but I've only watched 1 episode so yeah, I guess my opinion can't count for much, but basically, yes I think it's really funny, but then again, it also doesn't have anything special that distinguishes it from other reality TV shows...