Shenkuu Lunar Festival

Shadaw the Rampage

in the news i read "Come join the festivities of the Shenkuu Lunar Festival. Huzzah! " are they refering to a event that hasnt happened yet or something that will be comeing up soon? or am i compleately off the deep end and reading waaaaay too much into this?

--- edit ---

sense its the news for the 17th perhaps it hasnt occured yet. {rubs my chin} im not sure.

There's been a lot going on event-wise, since I came back in July, that I don't remember from before. Like the daily stuff from the Faerie Festival, the items each day in October for Halloween. The Game Master Challenge. The Daily Dare. But I wasn't playing in 2007, and I believe that's when that started.

I've been on Neopets for almost 8 years, and all of this stuff is new to me. If this stuff was around before, I hadn't heard about it. So it's all so new and exciting to me. :laughingsmiley:

Shenkuu came around in mid-2006, after the Cyodrake's Gaze plot/puzzle.

And it doesn't say so on the calendar, because it's in the same league as Easter, but the Lunar Festival is an annual event. It's a Neopets version of the Chinese New Year (obviously) and nothing more than an excuse to release more Shenkuu-themed items, though. That's probably why it's there.