Lab Ray

sdcd

So I finally broke down and spent the points to get the map. I am mostly avatar collecting now, so I had a skeith that I morphed into a green uni. He is my lab rat for now. However, I have been zapping him for about two weeks (at least), and have not gotten a species change which I need for the avatar. I've gone down to level 1 three times. He's been glowing and now he is split. He has mostly lost movement and strength points. Is it because I used a morphing potion that he won't change? I like my other pets the way they are, so I don't really won't to zap them.

TIA

Nah, you're just having some bad luck (well, not entirely, since you did get some color changes, but still. . .). Species changes are very rare, so keep at it, and he should change species eventually. :)

I went all summer (June-September) without a species change, so two weeks isn't that bad. Hopefully, you won't have to wait as long as I did. Good luck!

Wow, I didn't know it could take that long o_O . My son got a species change almost immediately and at least 3 more since then, so I guess I had high expections. He's had his lab ray about 6 months. I was afraid the morping potion jinxed me.

I just got a species change into a buzz (yuck! no offense to buzz lovers). But what is strange is that I clicked exactly on the 30th second, you know, just to see what would happen, and I got a species change! I did the same for the petpet lab ray and I got the avatar! Yay! Maybe the clicking does have something to do with the result...

I have a theory that the labs are vaguely time related as I did my labs at the same time for like 4 days in a row (not exactly the same time, but close enough) and I got gender changes each time. Could be random.. Could be time.. eh. -shrugs- All I know is I've been trying out times away from that as I don't want another gender change :P

The is the first time ever that I want a gender change! I want a female, because there are so many more female clothing than male clothing. But I would also be happy with a new color and/or species. And not a species I don't like ex. Grarl, Draik, etc.

I've never thought about the time at all. I've been doing my zaps early in the morning (EST). Maybe I will wait until later in the day, and look at the exact second like divyadamini. It's worth a shot!

ETA: What's funny is my petpet has changed several times, got a pile of soot pretty quick.

I get gender changes more often than anything else. I've had the map for about a year and have only had 3-4 species changed and 7-8 colour changes. It'd be interesting to see if it's based on a set time thing. But someone would have to track it for an awful long time to confirm