How long does the neopet fever last?

Maryyam

95 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been playing neopets?

• a week
    • less then a month
    • couple of months
    • over a year
    • hmm...when did i start? I'll get back to you on that one.

I've been playing since July 2006! I didn't get my first computer until that summer so I finally made my first neopets account "jackie_3_3_3" and been on every since ^^

I didn't really play a lot in the beginning...but after coming back, I've been on almost every single day! I think it was about a year ago that I didn't get on for months and came back only to send my pets at the neolodge.

All my friends knew I was (and still) a child at heart so they didn't make fun of me for having a neopets account :) Heck, my fiance even made one! =D we both have shields that say we love each other ^///^ His is a black shield though.

that's actually really cute :wub_anim: and supportive of him. I got one of my friends on it, but she doesn't play anymore, she played for a week before she just left it...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made my boyfriend create an account, thinking he'd get into it if he just started playing.. but no such luck.

His username is DriesHoudtVanNyssa (which is Dutch for: Dries loves Nyssa). Kinda cute actually :P

a fever lasts for however long it takes to heal it. what i usually do is go to the healing springs to heal them. but when it says your pets are fully healed, it means the pet is not sick anymore. and also, make sure its your active pet.

a fever lasts for however long it takes to heal it. what i usually do is go to the healing springs to heal them. but when it says your pets are fully healed, it means the pet is not sick anymore. and also, make sure its your active pet.

I don't think that is the type of fever the OP had in mind. xD

:laughingsmiley: I love this reply.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please make sure all posts have at least seven words. Quotes and smileys don't count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

But you know, to be in line with using disease as a metaphor, I personally feel that the Neopet Fever has a very high relapse rate. I keep getting it every few years... It's like getting shingles. You get chickenpox, get better, and you believe that it's gone forever. But in reality... :[

Yeah I know, I am never really free of Neopets. Even if I decide to not play for a while, it will always be somewhere in the back of my mind and it takes nothing to get hooked again.

Though now that I'm playing the Stock Market, I'm actually pretty neurotic about playing everyday because I want to buy stocks everyday :P

But you know, to be in line with using disease as a metaphor, I personally feel that the Neopet Fever has a very high relapse rate. I keep getting it every few years... It's like getting shingles. You get chickenpox, get better, and you believe that it's gone forever. But in reality... :[

lol thats so true, but somehow that doesn't apply to my brothers, they used to play as much as me, but now they've found their shooting games and etc on PS3 and online that takes a lot more of their time, i guess it all has to do with the fact that you find something to do with your free time, as long as you have one addiction, its easy to overlook other ones :yes:

I have the same! I usually play Neopets for MONTHS and then I won't play for a while (maybe do some Dailies, but nothing more) and then I'll play for months again etc...

Haha! It;s the same thing here! I'll play for three four months, then forget that neo exists for the next two or three. :whistle:

I think everyone has that condition. With me, it's the Altidor Cup that gets me most interested. I love the AC.

I've had a neopets account for 2 years. (This August makes 3 years)

I've been playing Neo for over 8 years I think.I actually self froze my first account after aprox 1 year because I had lost interest completely.But I've had my current main for 6 years.I took a 2 years hiatus once and lost a lot of cool things like plots so now i try to do at least the dailies every day.

Well what happened with me was, I had and account when I was in 2nd Grade, when my babysitter introduced me to it. I was into it for a few years, but I stopped playing for a while. Then when I was in 5th grade I went to a summer camp and all my friends were obsessed with it. I made a new account and lied about my age so I could do Neomail and stuff. Then after that summer I forgot about it. I was off and on all through out middle school, although it only lasted for a few weeks at a time. Then I just got back into it.

I started playing in August 2006 with the account xsara123x. I stopped playing at the time of the Return of Dr. Sloth plot (February 2008).

I started playing again in December 2008 with a new account, my current main one. I discovered my old xsara123x account and now use it as a side account.

So I played for a year and a half, took a 10 month break/hiatu, and have been playing currently for a year and two months.

You are so lucky! I had an amazing account and then I forgot the password and the birthdate that I had put for it (I never do my real birthday, just the real year). I emailed TNT but they couldnt find it. Sigh. :(

RohanX I guess you don't have it if you don't know what it is :D

"Started Playing: August 4, 2001" I haven't been playing the whole time, I've taken some long breaks here and there. I'm not so into neopets as I used to be but the lab ray, dailies and game challenges keep me playing :)

I think I will probably be sticking to it until I discover a cooler site (if there is one!) and then I will get hooked to that. That is what happened last time with Nitrome!! And then Miniclip and then Club Penguin and then Neopets and then Hotmail and then Facebook and then Neopets again....... :laughingsmiley:

I tend to keep falling back on neopets, mostly because it's free, and when I'm hooked on another game, taking 10mins to go through dailys is pretty easy. With Gaia and other games I always feal kinda left behind when I come back, Neopets..well dailys and the stock market never changes ^.^

I tend to keep falling back on neopets, mostly because it's free, and when I'm hooked on another game, taking 10mins to go through dailys is pretty easy. With Gaia and other games I always feal kinda left behind when I come back, Neopets..well dailys and the stock market never changes ^.^

Yeah that is true. I usually do end up coming back because I like the consistancy and the surprises.

I've heard this happening to many people.. including myself! I played a lot in the first year, slowed down, then played some more, then stopped :* and now I'm super back into it! I see so many things I was missing out on!

My account will be 10 years old in June but I haven't played nearly that long. I signed up when neopets was just starting and there wasn't anything near all the stuff they have to do now. I basically just played games and that was it. After a year or two I forgot about it until 3 or 4 years later and again, just played for the games. I stopped about a year later when I went away to college, and didn't come back until around this time last year. It was kind of a shock to see how much new stuff there was and it has kept my interest. I think the events like daily dare and plots refresh everyones interest, even if they're frustrating at times x_x

Totally agree! There are so many neat things to do! Trophies to win and avatars to find!

I didn't play or sign in my account for almost two years, and then all of the sudden I just started playing again.

same! :laughingsmiley:

I used to play a lot when I first joined up (I wanted to build an awesome house for my neopets - the asparagus room was the most expensive - I saved up forever!). Then I took a long break, and now I'm finally back into it, and I've just joined these forums :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not triple post. Use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I am a grown up with children who won't play anymore, but I love it. I played a bit at first, then not at all for years, missed some GREAT avatar opportunities, and started playing for avvies 2 years ago. I still have neopets fever. I also have some mom-neofriends who i love chatting with daily.

I've had two accounts, and I've pretty much followed the same pattern for both of them.

I'm completely OBSESSED with Neopets for a few months, and then I get sick of it, and eventually I come back. xD

It's a rollercoaster.

I don't think I can ever legitimately quit Neopets.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing for eight and a half years. In that time, I don't think I've ever gone more than a week without signing in, and most of the time those breaks were because I was camping and had no access to the computer. The amount of time I spend each day waxes and wanes. Most of the year I'll spend two or more hours playing games each day, but every once in a while I'll go through a time when I just do my dailies and check my guild. Neopets has had such a place in my life for so long, I can't imagine what I'd do if I just quit one day.