"Remember me" button does not seem to work

Viridian

Hey TDN

I didn't have any problems with this before I logged in here in school yesterday, so I don't know if it has to do with that. But either way, any time I log in here, I seem to be logged out again on my next visit (which I don't like, I'm the only one who uses this computer).

Whether I click or unclick the 'remember me' button doesn't seem to make a difference. I have to log in every time I restart the browser.

I'd like to know how to fix that.

Thank you!

Edit: Cookies are not the issue. Other sites save everything perfectly.

Hi,

Thank you for writing in about this.

This is actually a security feature of our board. In order to "validate" your session at the forums, the IP must match the session. If the IP does not match the session in the database, it will end all sessions are create a new one. In other words, you cannot be logged into the same account for two different locations at once. This is how the board is supposed to work; it is not a bug. :)

Hope this helps!

Oh okay.

However, I know my school deletes all cookies every day (so I should be logged out of there, right?)

Either way, I hope you guys can log me out of everywhere so I can stay logged in here for once :)

Sadly enough it still doesn't seem to work. I cleared out my cookies here, too, just in case.. That had no effect either.

Next time I'm in school I'll log in and log out and hopefully that will solve the problem.

Oh I found a way to fix it!

Apparently when I go to 'tdnforums.com' I am logged out.

However when I go to 'www.tdnforums.com' I am logged in.

I guess that was the issue. Hopefully it works for you too, blue!

Oh I found a way to fix it!

Apparently when I go to 'tdnforums.com' I am logged out.

However when I go to 'www.tdnforums.com' I am logged in.

I guess that was the issue. Hopefully it works for you too, blue!

I know right, it's messed up Lol. I;ll have to edit my Opera Speed Dial to nclude "www" because that's how I get here :)