The Forbidden Letter Game

̊ ˉˉ ̊

N:

Well, the flipside is a bug that is so deeply tied to a program's architecture that you have to rewrite half of the codebase to get rid of it.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P:

It can actually be quite fun and rewarding, as long as you have the right tools and, of course, knowledge.

R:

Likely because we happen to be the only ones willing to hold a limited discussion at this time I suppose.

S:

Incidentally the aforementioned lurker ran into a trap formed by the hand of the forbidden letter.

U:

Well, it appears I have been challenged by a vowel at last! A disappointingly easy vowel however.

W:

Consonants do indeed lack to present a challenge, especially upon approaching the tail end of the alphabet. Nevertheless, I am in no place to criticize, considering my past post's utter failure.

X:

To be fair, S is a difficult consonant, As are T,R, C, F, H, and N as these are all fairly commonplace. U does not present a large challenge at all...My letter as well as Q and Z are the three easiest of the alphabet.

Y:

Ah, and here we have the unofficial vowel of the alphabet, without which I cannot utilise most of English's adverbs. It's still not much of a challenge though. b)

Z:

Oftentimes the laughingstock of the rest of the alphabet, this letter is the one that everyone hates to get in scrabble, along with X, J, and probably Qu and K, failing to produce as worthy of a challenge as that of a vowel.

A:

Indeed, the letter Z is often either poor or excellent when it comes to messing with words, conversely so with the vowels.

C:

If one is unskilled, the results are quite unsavory, but with proper usage of triple word spots, seemingly undesirable letters will result in ownage. This is the way of word games.

E:

Still, it is occasionally satisfying to cross a boundary and savour your victory in spirit with past champions.

G:

A critical point indeed, and one which I probably would have made earlier, had I not been obstructed by one of the letters in the word 'pie'. :P

H:

A fair selection, but we all possess our own preferences, as does a certain letter inclined to jump out at us sans-warning.