The Forbidden Letter Game

̊ ˉˉ ̊

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

V:

I am patiently awaiting my chance to snipe down another tough letter - there must be some letter that still eludes me.

X:

O.o Why do I always get the easy consonants? I want a vowel more often than not! And I say, we can to interesting facts too! I've done a whole paragraph avoiding the letter O. It wasn't easy, but I managed!

Y:

It's clear that thou art (nice one, me!) quite the master at this. Or at least, possessed of a fortunate sense of timing. Have no fear, just one more after me and thou canst (do I get extra points for keeping in character?) snag the letter A and have a ball with - or without - it!

Z:

Eheheh, that I think was one of the best posts ever to be made on this particular word game.

Well thank goodness for that! I was quite worried I'd have to pick up on A for this to keep going, and while I think I was perhaps up to the task, I wasn't relishing the prospect. I lucked out with this letter though, I think I could go on for some while without running into it. Jingles (I'm sure you'll forgive my truncating your name, given the circumstances) your stories lacking the disallowed letter are really quite impressive, nice work!

C:

Why,not at all, dear friend, I do not mind if you must shorten my name. However, do if rarely. I greatly prefer the name JB. Despite that, here's a poem:

Roses are blue

Violets are red.

I often mix up

Hues in my head.

Though don't take it wrong

I do try to remember.

May I ask a question:

Is it July or November?

What is that, you say,

It's not November or July?

Well then, I take your word,

As I guess you don't lie.

D:

Hey! If you look at that letter and the colon, it looks like a smiley! Not that you arent paying attention to my small work of writing, I will just steal that wallet in your pocket that seems to have a $100 bill in it! Oh, its a trap to get unsuspecting people to try and steal it? Now you are calling the cops? Oh jeez, *leaves*

H:

It appears I am now unable to initiate a standard greeting - an unfortunate restriction I must say, but not entirely crippling.

I:

Worry not, we're all cohorts here, no need for hellos on our account. Jesse's ego has been so dented from the cruelty of banned self-reference that she has taken to that 3rd-person-speech standby that so often connotes a mental torment.

J:

Oh dear, I appear to have missed another vowel - but on the bright side, the Linux Outlaws theme is now playing on my media player. :yes:

L:

Hoorah! A consonant that has many uses! Though I doubt it can appear in here. JB, that was a very nice poem! I rather enjoyed it, in fact, it made me rather happy. So here I am with a rather hard one to avoid, but so far, it seems, I am doing a good job...maybe not as hard as I thought it might be...why am I not having so hard a time with this? Ah...this is my strength I say! Anything in written word, is something I do most fair...

M:

Ninety chihuahuas all yelled "Liberty!" when the kennel opened, freeing the cute things. It was not long after, however, that they all got caught. Except for Lea. She escaped, barely, but she still escaped. And now she's running out on the country side, alone, hungry, and cold, when she sees a barn. Knowing what that will bring, she goes looking for eggs, or chickens, or anything edible, when what should she find, but a big feast laid out. She hops on the table, and starts eating the bacon. She's just about done when an old girl enters, with white hair and an old-fashioned dress. She yells in surprise...