scammer

IanUl2000

i trusted this kid, and he scammed me, he said that he will get me lots of neopoints because he knows how, then he stole all my neopoints from my ianul2000 account and someone who works for neopets gave me a email with something like inconstancy in my age and my age has been set back to my real age becuse they found out that i said i was older.

the person that i gave my password to stole all my neopoints but i thought it was okay because he promised not to scam me

will they arrest him for scamming me or will they email his parents and tell them he is cheating.

Um.

What?

Email his parents?

That's kind of a naive thing to think about, considering you don't really give out your parents emails when you sign up.

In fact, some of us don't even have parents anymore.

On a brighter note, you should NEVER give out your password.

There are notifications all over the website telling you never to trust someone who promises neopoints.

No, you will not get you neopoints back, since there is no proof he ever scammed you.

Unfortunantly neither of these things will happen, although you can report him and he will possibly be frozen from neopets.

If you know his username (it sounds like you do), report him to the neopets team (the button for it is next to his username), and you MIGHT get your account and neopoints back. Also, does it matter that your age is set to your real age? Its aways better really on neopets to say your older (you can do more things!).

The thing you must remember though, is NEVER NEVER EVER EVER give your password out to ANYBODY. Nobody knows mine, not even my partner! Its even against neopets rules to give out your password, even to people you know, as this kind of thing could always happen. Anybody can claim they can get you loads of neopoints, but the only way to get them is the same way you can get them yourself, playing games, selling items in your shop, and playing the stock market (oh, and key quest!). If you need help getting them then try jubbyjubjack or kissmoto 's petpages. Even if they could get neopoints another way, this would be breaking neopets rules and would get you banned anyway!

Remember, NEVER GIVE YOUR PASSWORD OUT!

Hope everything goes well!

Vix

Admittedly neopets has a long standing rule stateing "never give your password out to anyone" in this case i can understand you thought that he was a friend and that he'd help but a lot of people in this world of ours are quite litterally rude and evil. I am sorry it happened to ya but on the same token make sure you dont ever do that. id suggest changeing your passwords.

The innocent world of a 9-year-old (and 20 months).

After reading his signature, I suppose we shouldn't be THAT hard on him.

I was aware of his age, the thing is though that he needs to be aware thats agenst the rules. which has been stated multiple times. the damage cant be undone now, though hopefully he'll read the messages and know we dont mean to be harsh we mean to inform him in a polite manner which is what i intended on trying to do when i posted before. ;) im not saying this cuz i think your refering to me or anything i say this sense we mean well.

Definitely report the other user for scamming. His account will probably get frozen. You won't get your neopoints back, though. If you still have control of your account that got scammed, change your password immediately. Otherwise, report to TNT that it has been stolen, and they will freeze it until you can prove that it's yours.

As much as your situation sucks, hopefully you have learned from your mistakes, and you can start rebuilding.

I think, in all fairness, at some point or another, we've all done something this naive! So don't be mean :P You might not have ever given your password away but I bet when you were young you did something just as, if not more, daft, and you look back all embarrssed. At least this isn't excalty a major thing, and you can learn life lessons from it without being in danger yourself!

Thus, in conclusion, don't be a meanie :P

will they arrest him for scamming me or will they email his parents and tell them he is cheating.

Lol aww I'm sorry man. They won't do that though like everyone said. Neopets is more the "well too bad" kind. I know if they emailed my dad if I got scammed he would be like "Good." And then he'd tell me to stop wasting my time :P

It's okay, like everyone said, don't trust anyone.

The innocent world of a 9-year-old (and 10 months).

After reading his signature, I suppose we shouldn't be THAT hard on him.

Richard and I helped him make that signature,(points to own signature.) Anyways I told Ian not to give his password, but he ignored him so I guess he sort of had it coming. Besides he is lucky that the he was tricked by a scammer rather than a child preditor. I will say all things at once the guy did get frozen. If you are under 13 to get parental permission they require a parents email address for some reason, but people are right they won't email them.

Unfortunantly neither of these things will happen, although you can report him and he will possibly be frozen from neopets.

If you know his username (it sounds like you do), report him to the neopets team (the button for it is next to his username), and you MIGHT get your account and neopoints back. Also, does it matter that your age is set to your real age? Its aways better really on neopets to say your older (you can do more things!).

The thing you must remember though, is NEVER NEVER EVER EVER give your password out to ANYBODY. Nobody knows mine, not even my partner! Its even against neopets rules to give out your password, even to people you know, as this kind of thing could always happen. Anybody can claim they can get you loads of neopoints, but the only way to get them is the same way you can get them yourself, playing games, selling items in your shop, and playing the stock market (oh, and key quest!). If you need help getting them then try jubbyjubjack or kissmoto 's petpages. Even if they could get neopoints another way, this would be breaking neopets rules and would get you banned anyway!

Remember, NEVER GIVE YOUR PASSWORD OUT!

Hope everything goes well!

Vix

Not even give your password to your parents what if they want it to see what you are doing online and seeing who is your friand and who you is talking to.

Not even give your password to your parents what if they want it to see what you are doing online and seeing who is your friand and who you is talking to.

They won't need your password for that.

They can just watch you while you play.

That's not hard, is it?

i trusted this kid, and he scammed me, he said that he will get me lots of neopoints because he knows how, then he stole all my neopoints from my ianul2000 account and someone who works for neopets gave me a email with something like inconstancy in my age and my age has been set back to my real age becuse they found out that i said i was older.

Not trying to sound harsh or anything,but if you had not lied about your age to start with.You would have been unable to communicate in any way,shape or form with a scammer on the Neopets site itself.And if you go off that website to chat about Neopets,it would probably be best if you chatted with children your own age.

And besides it's written everywhere on the Neopets site to NEVER give out your password.Even on other websites like this one.Lessons learned.All you can do now is report him and maybe he'll get frozen,but you could get iced also because you gave your own password out.

Best of Luck 'lil Man! :)

Wow all you guys are so paranoid :P don't even trust your partner with your password? My boyfriend couldn't care less about Neopets, but my ex knew my (old) password (he's on NP as well) yet he never stole from me xD

And well.. like everybody said; NEVER give out your password to anyone. And since you gave out your password because he promised you NPs, that's considered cheating. So you're lucky your account didn't get frozen. Trust me.

There are a few things neopets tells us.

1. A staff member will never email or neomail you for your password, neopets does NOT need it to do anything on your account.

2. Giving out your user information, such as your password will only get you scammed. They do not want you to EVER share your password.

3. Never give away your account either, as this is freezable, no account should be shared by two people at any point in time or over any length of time.

It is your fault you were scammed. If you knew the neorules you should NOT have given out your password ever!!

Not trying to sound harsh or anything,but if you had not lied about your age to start with.You would have been unable to communicate in any way,shape or form with a scammer on the Neopets site itself.And if you go off that website to chat about Neopets,it would probably be best if you chatted with children your own age.

And besides it's written everywhere on the Neopets site to NEVER give out your password.Even on other websites like this one.Lessons learned.All you can do now is report him and maybe he'll get frozen,but you could get iced also because you gave your own password out.

Best of Luck 'lil Man! :)

I think they gave him a break because he was a little kid, but also set his age back.