Choice advice

Basileos

Hola everybody, I just bought a scratchcard from t he lost desert kiosk (I only buy them from there, I guess its because i'm cheap and its prettier than the ice caves cards), and lucky me, it was a Bagguss Bonanza card! I cant decide whether or not to sell it (I saw some in the SW for like 30k) or to scratch it off in hopes of a valuable prize. Any opinions?

I would probably scratch it.. because you only spent 500 NPs, so if you don't win anything, you haven't spent more than that. And scratching is fun.

However, if you don't win anything (good), don't get mad at me xD; you should really decide for yourself if you really want/need the 30k or not.

Gambling is tough like that.

It's called gambling for a reason, darling. Heck, in real life you don't have people buying scratchcards then reselling them. You have people who gift them though. I have spent my fair share on scratchards both in real life and in the Neopets world. It's a great feeling when you win money, but if you can deal with the disappointment of not getting anything, then go ahead and scratch. It all depends on how you want to play. With me, I think 'what if I sell this one and it ends up being a winner?' so I don't sell mine anymore.

Your econ teacher would tell you the opportunity cost of scratching it is 29,500. Your probability of winning anything worthwhile is what? 10% at most? let's value the potential prize at 200k for the sake of argument. Your (unguaranteed) expected return on scratching it is 20,000 nps. Your return on selling is 29500.

SELL IT!