Moltara

Kosby

Just had a quick snoop around Moltara and I actually quite like it - not sure about the name though :eh: Think the look of it makes a nice change, and new games too ^_^ not sure about the shops yet, as they're all sold out...but what do you all think?

Thoughts please!

I kinda like it. It's always fun when there's a new land (I remember when Maraqua was discovered, that was excitement ;p).

But the name kinda reminds me of Moltres, the Pokémon.

I haven't seen it yet, as I am at work this morning, but I am indeed excited! I am a new person to neopets(about 31 days), so seeing a new land released this early in my NP life is awesome! I think that I am a happy neopian. I really cant wait to look around when I get home!

I remember when I first started years ago (on my old account) and maraqua was realesed, like you say, it was really exciting!

I think it looks good, but theres not really enough there for me yet to be interested. I like the fact theres a possible new daily there though!

I know, the gears-thing is kinda annoying. I found the Misc. (I can't spell the whole word, sorry ;p) Gears stacked up in a pile, but my mom can't seem to find those. However, she did get the random-event gears.. and even though I refreshed A LOT, I didn't.

But I don't really like the machinary-style, I never liked the Robot Petpets either, so that's a bummer..

What's this steampunk I keep hearing about? Did I miss something? ;p

What's this steampunk I keep hearing about? Did I miss something? ;p

Steampunk is a sub-genre of fantasy and speculative fiction that came into prominence in the 1980s and early 1990s. The term denotes works set in an era or world where steam power is still widely used—usually the 19th century, and often Victorian era England—but with prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy, such as fictional technological inventions like those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne, or real technological developments like the computer occurring at an earlier date. Other examples of steampunk contain alternate history-style presentations of "the path not taken" of such technology as dirigibles, analog computers, or digital mechanical computers (such as Charles Babbage's Analytical engine); these frequently are presented in an idealized light, or with a presumption of functionality

does anyone know how to get the new petpet?

It looks cool!

You have to get miscellaneous gears, scrap metal and stone, and shiny obsidian, and combine them in different ways to get different parts of petpets, which you then combine to get 2 different petpets

I love Moltara! I think its fantastic and I dig the new games. Haven't had any luck finding the gears yet though which is getting a little frustrating. Do you think they might only be available at certain times or is it random?

Steampunk is a sub-genre of fantasy and speculative fiction that came into prominence in the 1980s and early 1990s. The term denotes works set in an era or world where steam power is still widely used—usually the 19th century, and often Victorian era England—but with prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy, such as fictional technological inventions like those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne, or real technological developments like the computer occurring at an earlier date. Other examples of steampunk contain alternate history-style presentations of "the path not taken" of such technology as dirigibles, analog computers, or digital mechanical computers (such as Charles Babbage's Analytical engine); these frequently are presented in an idealized light, or with a presumption of functionality

.... kay. Well, awesome, I guess. ;p

Yes I'm having trouble with the gears/metal too. Can't seem to find them.

• 3 weeks later...