Do you quit while playing Keyquest?

Jenny ^_^

I don't play Key Quest anymore because too many things can go wrong and the prizes are not worth it. And i'm not very good at it haha. But yeah, even if the other player is being mean with powerups, it isn't a reason to quit. That is even meaner. I never intentionally quit before. I have been very frustrated with the mini games though since they are so laggy on my computer.

Absolutely NO firstly because it's reportable. And even if I do lose, I still get some NP out of it. And lastly, that's just playing mean. It's a kids' site afterall.

The only time I quit was when I have trouble with my net connection

I don't normally quit unless I really have to get off the computer/it starts to lag badly.Though I DID quit earlier.(The other person had all keys, 3 spaces in front of the door,and used a Super Key Grabber and took my only keys.This annoyed me a lot).

I got a rude neomail from someone this morning, abusing me for 'quitting'. Flash froze and by the time I restarted there was the nm :rolleyes_anim:

I don't quit, although sometimes flash freezes and I get stuck with the dice rolling....and rolling... and rolling... or sometimes minigames start to load then don't go anywhere. Losing doesn't bother me as I've found that silver keys can sometimes pay out better than gold keys anyway!

When I used to play KQ, I only played against friends, but since I've had a long break, I have returned to find a lot of friends don't play anymore or aren't on much, so I have to take my chances on random games. And I've found most of them unenjoyable. I've had a fair few games with opponents who will indiscriminately use powerups against me, even at dumb times, and sometimes even at the cost of them getting closer to winning - like using a compass power up on me to make me change direction when I have one key and I'm miles from the exit, when if they'd used it on themselves they would get to the door quicker, or using the rainbow key changer on me when they could have used it themselves and headed for the exit. I don't get it. What is the point of playing if you are just irritating others and not even helping yourself win? Twice I've gone from last place to winning because of these people :laughingsmiley:

I've also experienced a couple of games against two other people, and had both of them using all power ups against me and not against each other. It could be coincidental, but it has seemed suspicious, esp since someone has used a power up against me in a pointless fashion, when it could have stopped the other player getting to the exit.

I should just find neofriends to play with, as clearly this game makes me irrationally angry :whistle:

/endrant

I feel really lucky after reading all of these because no one has ever quit on me, tho I am terrible at KQ so why would someone quit when they're winning? :rolleyes_anim: I did have someone skip their turn yesterday after I used a Giant Lint Ball when they were one space away from the last key they needed. That seemed like cheating to me and they had already used one on me as well as turning me in opposite directions twice. I've only managed to win the game a few times but the gold prizes always seem quite worthless. The one I got yesterday gave me prizes worth less than 20 NP! Point being, I never quit, so if anybody wants to play, let me know! :)

I have never quit intentionally on a game of KQ. I have only ever been disconnected and had to leave a game.

Honestly I hate people that quit in the middle of a game or towards the end just because I am winning. Whether or not I am winning I always play through the entire game. I just feel like it's rude to waste someone's time by leaving and subjecting them to getting nothing just because I am being a sore loser.

I never do it to others so I hate when sore losers do it to me.

I only play with neofriends for that reason. You can't count on everyone to be a graceful loser.

Snowwhite I'll play against you :) send me a nf request and we can set a game up sometime. I'm pretty much only playing against nf now, or people I've played against who have played fairly, so I don't get too many games that end with people quitting. It also means I know that when someone has left a game, they have left because of computer troubles and not because they are sore losers :laughingsmiley:

There was a topic on the neoboards about using the GLB and skipping your turn when one has been used against you, and there was an answer in the neopian times once about it where TNT said they consider that cheating. It's not in the official rules though and I've been playing KQ semi-regularly since it launched and it's only in the last week I found out that it is considered cheating. Because of that I don't think many people know it's frowned upon, and I've played against quite a few people that have done it.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't quit, but my browser does crash sometimes when I play, and I always feel bad when that happens because then the other person assumes that they got matched with yet another quitter *-* My computer is really too slow to play Keyquest, there's a ton of lag to the point where it's impossible for me to win a minigame. My cursor moves too slowly. But when I have played, I've been reallly bad at it. I haven't won gold yet.

Have you tried playing the low res version? I gave it a go once to see if the mini games were faster and they were.

When a mini game is activated, right click, choose low-res, and then after playing, change it back to high-res. I don't have the link handy but they are often posted on the neoboards.

I dont quit on kq on purpose. It does happen though, when browsers crash, internet disconnects, when emergencies come up, or when something like kq freezing up occurs.

I wouldnt recommend quitting on purpose at all. Even if you think the opponent acts like a sore winner by playing a power up on you when they are guaranteed a win. That would constitute as cheating, and more importantly, both parties would gain nothing from the kq games & both parties would be disgusted by each others behaviour. Some players play those power ups because they want to reinforce their win, and prevent a random event like a whirlwind from giving you a counter. For example, if both players had a full set of keys, but player A was 2 tiles away from the door while player B was 20 tiles away from the door, player A should still play their rainbow fountain key in the event that they roll a 1 and whirlwind occurs (this assumes that player b doesnt have a rainbow fountain key or distraction potion). Yes, some players play power ups out of spite, but some players just dont pay much attention to whats going on, and they still want to reinforce the win.

I find that if you tweak your computer, combined with the low res link, you can reduce lag & improve your kq gaming capabilities.

Like most, I try my best not to quit because you can still win NP and prizes for losing. I have encountered some very sore winners and I only recently started playing. Now I tend to only play with my brother. We are both busy during the day but it's nice to have something to do together every once in awhile.

I think I might intentionally quit if someone was being extremely harsh. If they have all five keys and I for some reason have only two, yet they still play power-ups. I might consider leaving, but I guess you just have to take it game by game.

• 3 weeks later...

I never quit unless my internet gives out which only happened like once or twice. Even if I'm not winning, the experience helps me improve and win in future games. Also, I can save the silver keys for days I don't have time to play but still want to get my prizes. I always get so frustrated when somebody quits on me. :angry:

Well I'm a little bit of a KeyQuest addict, and I usually play with random strangers. I've noticed that nowadays way less people quit then a while ago. If I play 10 games, I'll have at least 8 or 9 keys.

I never quit, I'm still happy with my np and silver key if I loose and I know the other person will be happy that I didn't quit.

But I still have the habit to feel rushed when I'm almost there, I still feel the relieve when the other person didn't quit right before i clicked the arrow :D

• 2 weeks later...