ARGH!

glamz

all my accounts have been frozen. this user that has harrassing me posted a topic on the HC claiming i was the same person as a couple of other people and cheating. suddenly my accounts are locked for cheating by using multiple accounts to gain np - which i havent done. the other users who were accused of also being me (are you still following this at all or has it got too confusing?) did not get frozen. just me. now i cant figure out how to access my webmail and i dont know long im going to be locked out of my accounts. how do i get into my webmail? should i cancel my premium while i wait for this to be sorted? how would i cancel my premium without accessing my account? i cant phone them as im in the uk.

wow. they didnt just freeze my accounts, theyv frozen the accounts of anyone who has ever logged on at my flat. all clearly belonging to different people, with different play habits, different email addresses. the accounts of friends who have stayed at my flat for night are frozen! this is insane! im about to be hugely unpopular and for no reason!

wow. i love that a mod took the time to edit my post but actually helping or answering any of my questions wasnt worth the bother.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Meowy) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

If you've ordered by credit card, can't you call your credit card company and cancel it? Canceling the premium seems to be the first order of business, as it's waste of your actual money. Afterwards, e-mail TNT and explain to them the situation. They take their time, but they are quite reasonable and they ARE helpful (I woudl assume more so for you because you were a premium user!).

I find this situation ridiculous because what if you were sharing your computer with your siblings? So there are three separate accounts earning money... They will all be chain frozen because of that? -.-;; TNT said sharing computers (with your spouse, roommate, siblings) is fine, so I'm sure they'll hear you out and help you.

Theres a guide on sunnyneo for how to cancel your premuim account if your not in the US.

TNT do get back to you, they do just take their time - so I'd advise canceling your premium until they get back to you. Surely they've got another address to contact you on than your neopets one? It seems a little silly them just icing everyone for being on that computer (I didn't even know they could tell which computer your on?!)

Thank you for your e-mail. Your accounts were frozen for cheating by creating multiple accounts and attempting to profit from them. The rules for having more than one account are:

"You May Only Have Five Accounts Because Your Pets Need Your Attention. It is important that Neopets users are responsible for their pets and play the game in a fair manner. Therefore, do not create more accounts or Neopets than you can maintain. You are allowed a maximum of five (5) accounts. One of these accounts, your main account, can do everything on Neopets. The other four accounts (except if one is a guild account as explained below) can adopt Neopets and maintain a gallery but cannot have a store, play games or any other activity that earns Neopoints or participate in any voting activities. You may freely transfer items among your accounts but they should be on the same e-mail address as your main account. If you are the head of a guild, you may use one of your five accounts as a guild account and it should be named as such (for example, Abandoned Computer Chips Orphanage guild account). In addition to your main account, a guild account can have a store but cannot earn Neopoints in any manner other than through the store, auctions and trades (and anything that happens on that account could impact your other accounts). If you maintain a guild account, you will be held responsible for that account. You are permitted only one guild account per guild."

The above was taken from our Terms and Conditions located at: http://www.neopets.com/terms.phtml.

We will not return all of the accounts that were frozen - but we will unfreeze one IF AND ONLY IF no other Terms & Conditions violations have occured. If we do find other forms of cheating or other Terms & Conditions violations have happened, none of the frozen accounts will be returned.

You may select one of the accounts, but know that adjustsments will be made to the account you select. This means approximately half of the neopoints and/or items may be removed along with the removal of any special colours your pet(s) may have been painted. This is done to prevent cheaters from profiting from multiple account abuse.

Please keep in mind that we will not be able to return more than one account, so if one account has already been returned to you, all of the other ones will remain frozen.

is the reply iv just gotten. iv emailed back saying that not all the accounts theyv frozen are mine, that i share an ip address with our entire building. theyv not just frozen me and people who have every used my computer, theyv also frozen the girls who live upstairs from me and another woman in our building who also has premium. youd think it would be obvious that all these accounts cant possibly belong to the same person. its insane. iv told heather the names of my 3 accounts so hopefully she'l be able to see i have not cheated on any of the accounts that belong to me. its awful though - i really dont know why theyve done this. some noob posts saying iv done something so i must have done it? theyv done something theyv always said they didnt do - they said they understood about more than one person using the same computer or ip.

Whoa. Please let us know what they've said in answer to your second e-mail because I'm seriously getting worried (even though my siblings rarely play anyway). They only look at the IP, even though the computers used are different? Also, remind me never to go to the boards. Too many horror stories. x_x

they dont seem to believe me that not all the accounts were mine - though they are claiming that only 6 accounts belonged to me so at least that sounds like it means some of the people frozen re gonna get their accounts back.

When you were frozen you had six accounts, two of which had shops and half of them had warnings and suspensions. You have since created two new accounts, so none of the frozen accounts will be returned to you.

was the reply i just got. which is wierd as i have created one account since i was frozen and creating a new account after youv been frozen isnt supposed to be against the rules so im very confused right now. i dont know what proof i can give them that i havent been cheating - iv got a gallery iv workd really hard to fill, premium membership, £30 or so worth of NC stuff - i cant believe theyd really think id risk all that.

wow. im now getting hassle from some mod whos rushing to defend her little friend - again no aswer to my problem but plenty of time to pm me. cant even block them. thas just great - one stalker gets me banned from one site and now i seem to have acquired a new one.

There are rules of the forum and it is asked that everyone reads them before joining so they don't become "stalked", as you put it. If they are bothering you, it is because you are not following the simple rules we have here.

They are not that bad if you just skim over them quickly ! :)

theres nothing in the rules that says what i said above about being surprised a mod can find time to edit posts rather than answer them was against any rule. when i tell the mod who pmed me that i think its creepy and wierd that theyr pming me to defend their friend (not to mention the fact it kinda proves my point) they get all angry. wierd that i cant even block them just cos their a mod. like i dont have enough to worry about!

the mod's jobs are to moderate the boards and make sure that the rules are being followed, not necessarily to answer your questions. it's possible that they didn't even know the answer as it is a pretty complicated situation and there really isn't much we can do to make it better here !

with that said, this is very off topic so good luck with getting your accounts back ! : )

whether they want to defend their 'jobs' or not its not cool for them to go crying to their friends and get them to pm me. if someone did that in real life you'd think they were a bit sad - its not cooler cos its online.

its nerve wracking waiting for heather to email me back - i just dont get why they seem to be going against their own rules. they say they dont go by ip addresses, that they understand more than one person plays on an ip, they say you can create another account and earn on it if your main is frozen. i have no access to any of my accounts and now im having the fact i made another account used against me. i just dont get it.

one minute im working on my galley, iv got my cybunny bella and we'r working on the book award, ii was so excited on poogle day and got my two poogles who i named after the gaelic names of two places iv lived. i was going to zap them for mspp or just leave them basic til biscuit poogles were released. they were so cute with their little hopeful faces. im kinda in shock - more in shock the more i think about it.

still no reply from heather. im now paying for premium on my new account and my old one. still no idea why theyv done this to me. i followed all their rules but im punished anyway. theyr making this game impossible to play. its not even a pet game anymore - it feels more like a survival game.

Whoa... Thats very insane, and quite extreme. Can't believe they would be such control freaks to freeze all of those accounts, pretty shocking. Have these accounts been sending you items on a regular basis or anything? Because that is common reason for freezing, if they think you are using many accounts to benefit a single account...

I'd be seriously looking into their terms and conditions, and contacting the head of Neopets Staff (Whomever that may be? Manager, CEO... Who knows?) and pulling out every loophole that you can. This is obviously an overzealous member of staff that has picked on you, and the team are rallying beside them so as not to contradict the official 'rules' - which I think have been embellished here by TNT, to suit this case.

Contact the head, with a very mature letter. I'll be honest as day here, and say, don't write it as you have written these posts on this thread :) Be tactful, explanatory, honest and understanding. Play their game to suit your desired outcome. I've had to write many a professional letter in my time, and creating a fight over anything only does harm to your situation, be nice, you are the victim here, so make that known (without using the words 'victim' as such :P) :)

Oh, and just to clarify, I'm not saying your being dishonest by what I said above,I believe every word - I was unfairly frozen a few years ago and they did nothing to resolve it. Just play their game ;)

I hope this helps, please don't take any of it the wrong way :)

Have these accounts been sending you items on a regular basis or anything? Because that is common reason for freezing, if they think you are using many accounts to benefit a single account...

oh shoot, is that true?? me and my best friend in real life play key quest sometimes and she gives me all her good prizes cuz she only goes on the site to play games .. :| yikes guess we better stop that

Oh yeah definitely. One of my brothers young friends had an account frozen because when he heard that you can have more than one account, he thought he could send himself all of his starter items, money tree items etc. If they catch you doing this, you'd be lucky to get just a warning, but he got a straight freeze. I understand the need to moderate it,and to keep it fair, but a cheater is a cheater, if someone is wrongly accused, or naive about the rules due to their age etc, then they need their side of the story heard also.

still no reply. as for sending items - i once got a prezzie from my sis on her account but none of the others have ever sent me anything. some of the other accounts that were frozen are on my nf list. whats strange though is that one of the emails i got they said i had 6 accounts, but they froze more than 6 accounts and most of the accounts they froze have stayed frozen. it all seems very odd.

don't write it as you have written these posts on this thread

what is that supposed to mean?

don't write it as you have written these posts on this thread

what is that supposed to mean?

Your words here hold much anger. While that may be a great way to express ones self to thier peers it is NOT a good way to express ones self in an offical messege.

Your words here hold much anger. While that may be a great way to express ones self to thier peers it is NOT a good way to express ones self in an offical messege.

of course im angry - im discussing a situation that makes me angry. do you think i write everything in the same tone?

p.s still no reply from tnt.

of course im angry - im discussing a situation that makes me angry. do you think i write everything in the same tone?

p.s still no reply from tnt.

i think they meant that when writing an official message with your account on the line, it's not the smartest thing to have an attitude or be angry with them, as you kind of have been in this thread.

i think they meant that when writing an official message with your account on the line, it's not the smartest thing to have an attitude or be angry with them, as you kind of have been in this thread.

That is exactly what i mean I deal with people for a living in the customer service focused postion and when an person comes across with anger or an attitude problem then only the bare minimum is done to help them. Try to be polite and firm in your remarks and use spell check and grammer correction. that is my advice